Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

Am 88 and hanging on to Windows 7, just. Am now told that I

Customer Question

Am 88 and hanging on to Windows 7, just. Am now told that I will be upgraded to 10 in two days time for free. Fully understand that 10 is now the norm but my elderly brain initially found 7 was full of googlies and really do not want to undergo it all again. Am told that 7 should last for another 3 years, which is about my personal forecast anyway!
Is it possible to stop my upgrade? Ronald Graham-Clarke
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Please click on Start, then click on All programs, then click on Windows Update, then show / view updates, then right-click on the Windows 10 item and select Hide update, then OK.- If that does not work, please click on the website below:http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/, then there, click on the item "GWX Control Panel" to download it, then run / install it, then select the option to disable / prevent Windows 10 upgrade.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.