Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I can't remember my microsoft outlook email password ***** I've

Customer Question

I can't remember my microsoft outlook email password ***** I've tried to change it in account settings and it doesn't work - and now it doesn't remember my original password ***** so keep getting the pop up box and no emails in or out
Category: Microsoft
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Asriel replied 1 year ago.
Hello! I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your password. Can you provide me some additional details behind the issue you're having. Is this related to outlook or outlook.com? I see you want remote assistance. I'll send you the request now.
Expert:  Asriel replied 1 year ago.
You'll want to go here and we can do a remote session: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3e21f02d-85af-4a07-ad1e-ea073fd89b51
Expert:  Asriel replied 1 year ago.
I wasn't able to get this fixed for you. Something is passing the invalid password ***** from outlook to your email which is causing it to fail to authenticate. I cleared any outlook credentials in credential manager as well as ran an outlook update from MS which didn't resolve the issue. As mentioned, I'll opt out and let someone else try and help you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I get a response now or tomorrow do you know please?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Val, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.Do you still need help with this problem? Can you please tell me the problem email account so that I can check your recovery options?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - I will be at my desk from 10.45 am - if you could contact me then please.
It is***@******.***. Not sure that's the original email though - as when I set up my laptop I asked for***@******.*** to be kept (my old provider was bt and is now Plusnet). Wanted to keep my original email as I'd had it for years and everyone knows it. - if that makes sense!
Thamls
Val
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I am available by that time. If you want we can do a remote session so that I can directly check the problem and fix them while you watch. I will just standby here until you are back online.Jess
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - I'm at my desk. Yes, please login remotely. This morning it appears I can send emails from***@******.*** - which means that the guy must have done something to correct send last night - as I couldn't send or receive yesterday.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - I've accepted remote tech support.
Val
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess - just to let you know I'm in a meeting from 2.15 until about 4 pm. If you could contact me before that would be great, or after 4.15pm please?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I am here. Are you available now? I am online and for the next 3 hours only.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes im here
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. These steps are intended for users with Windows computers. If you are using a Mac, please reply to me and let me know so that I can send you the procedures for Mac.1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=f8b070d6-8384-4f02-aafc-97c53bd7b04a2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess - can you contact me when you are back on line please. I am receiving emails on my Iphone still - so just about managing, but its causing me real problems now as I can't print or send attachments. The new provider is Plusnet and not bt. I just kept my***@******.*** purely for business reasons, and PlusNet told me I could keep the email address - so it must be directed through PlusNet somehow.
Val
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Val,Thank you for writing back. We can resume with the remote session now.Here is the new link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=93ec2934-68a3-4ff5-9590-d3086840a736Click on I Agree there to download the tool then run it to join me in the remote session.Jess