Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I seem to have a problem with links on my windows mail

Customer Question

I seem to have a problem with links on my windows mail***@******.***
When I click on a link or a Google Chrome shortcut on my desktop it displays the message Class not registered. This has only just started to happen as it always went straight to Google Chrome when I clicked on a link in my email or a Google Chrome shortcut. Can you please tell me how to resolve this.
Alan *******
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alan, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Alan,Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. 1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=0a3fe345-742c-46b4-94df-9d910e5348452. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess
I am having to do this on my phone as the link still does not work in my email and I am still getting the same message. Also the icons on the desk top do not work either. Can you please sort for me.
Best regards
Alan
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Alan,I am sorry about the persisting issue. I am just starting my day and I will be online now and for the next 14 hours. Please let me know any time when you are available to resume the remote session.Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess, thank you for your reply, I still have the same problem with both the links in my email and the chrome icons on my desktop coming up with the message Class not registered. I would appreciate it if you can sort it as it is causing me all sorts of problems not being able to access links in my email. Regards Alan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess,
I am now available to resume the remote session
Alan
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Alan,Here is the new session link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a6009029-28b8-4fa9-b493-2a827b2c23eaClick I Agree to download the remote tool, then run it to join me in the session.Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I seem to be having problems with it Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I click on I Agree and then it asks to save the file
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have saved the file but not sure where to?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
It is usually saved in the Downloads folder.