michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

I have just set up an Outlook.com e mail account but when I

Customer Question

I have just set up an Outlook.com e mail account but when I try to establish the same account on my i phone it refuses to accept the password. How do I correct or change this please?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.Are you trying to use old email already associated with an apple device and you are trying to use the same apple id on a new apple phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, this is a new account I have just set up on my laptop. It works and I want to be able to also use the same account on my i phone
Basically you want to setup your outlook email on your iphone is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I have started the process but when I come to enter the password ***** to set up the account on my laptop, the entry is rejected
what password ***** are you getting is it the outlook password ***** its asking for the Apple id password?Try enterning the Apple id password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just says "Password" I have assumed that it needs the account password ***** the account is already working on my laptop
it must be the apple id password ***** you take a photo and post it here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think so as when I enter my Apple ID I get the message unable to verify account. Is there a way of checking the password ***** my Outlook.com account already working on my laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Michelle, are you still there?
yes you may check open oultook.com and try to login and then logout wait for 30 seconds try to login entering the password ***** let me know if you can login fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You Michelle, I think I have managed to fix the problem by changing my registered password
My Outlook.com account appears to work on my phone now
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.