jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

I can't save Word docs - this is a new thing, it was previously

Customer Question

I can't save Word docs - this is a new thing, it was previously okay. I can type up the document, but it will only save as an empty shell (i.e. with the name I give it, but 0 content). It's the same thing with Word 2010 or Word 2016, and regardless of whether I'm trying to save onto my hard drive or Dropbox. I get an error message that just says 'A file error has occurred', and I've also had one that says 'The disk is too full or the file is open' - neither being the case.
I installed Windows 10 (apparently without incident) last week...
Can you help? Thanks, Louise
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the problem while you watch?Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess