Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I am trying to download windows update tool remover

I am trying to download windows update for malicious tool remover through my McAfee update programme, it has been now running for 2 1/2 days and is stuck at 25% download.
I have been unable to stop this programme. I have spoken to McAfee technical support who said I must contact windows support
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Harry and welcomeWhat happens when you restart the computer, does this clear it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I have shut down the laptop 3 times and even left it off overnight. When you log back on it is still running
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you remove the power cable to the laptop.Then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.Then connect the power to the Laptop, turn it on and tell me if it is still then running please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My laptop will not restart
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, we are not restarting it, we are doing a hard shut down.Did you do the instructions I gave Harry? I repeated them belowCan you remove the power cable to the laptop.Then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.Then connect the power to the Laptop, turn it on and tell me if it is still then running please.