Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I downloaded files from an unidentified external dvd device.

Customer Question

I downloaded files from an unidentified external dvd device. It downloaded a series of programs and files all in chinese. The DVD did not work so I returned it and no longer have the disk. I want to uninstall all the files but when I go to uninstall I get a series of popups in chinese and cannot uninstall. Any clues?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please if your on a windows or Mac computer and which version please? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.Thanks,Richard
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows vista
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
'basic installation' or 'installation to access this computer remotely (unattended'?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you can use basic, and personal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID 180 189 562 Password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
has the computer restarted? as I did not see the auto connect, if so can you run Teamviewer and give me the password ***** connect please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It started and got past the small flashing Microsoft logo then told me it was preparing my desktop and is now a black screen with an arrow pointer which I can move
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID 180 189 562 Password ***** (as before)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to ask: are you there?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes was trying to connect but says it cannotCan you close Teamviewer, open it and give me the new password *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot access the lap top . the screen is black
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
hold the power button down until it powers off (60 seconds).Than power it on please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
doing it now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
how are you going with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its starting up now and I have my dek top back
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** trying to connect now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your computer disconnected me, it is running extremely slow and it took nearly an hour to install a program that usually takes 2 minutesWe will need to continue on Monday, as its another 3 hours to remove these programs based on these speeds.Please send me a message on Monday when we can start
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you do Tuesday?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
that is also no problem Luis, normally we would have been done long ago, but your computer is so slow it really dragged it on. I will also after removing this do some things on your computer to try to speed it up at no extra charge.Till Tuesday
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I'll try you am
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello are you there
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi Luis, yes I am.Please run Teamviewer and give me the ID and Password ***** I can connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
180(###) ###-####Also I had to enter my c card details again. am assuming that I will not be charged again
thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you made a second question, I marked that one for a refund, please do not make new questions but just keep to your original one here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
go tit thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, got it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi had to restart the computer as after 2 hours it still was not progressing.When it restarts, are the programs still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, waiting...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
re booting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid they are still there
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, what we did in total normally takes 20 minutes max, we are now 5 hours (including our first session)It is amazing you are still able to use the computer considering how incredibly slow it is. There are many many issue with it and a repair would not help speed it up.The only way forward on this is a reinstall of windows to get rid of all the issues slowing it down so much and to get it working again.Is your data backed up off the computer? Programs you need to install again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I have backed up my data
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it is a HP computer correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, it is an acer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
compaq
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it had a lot of HP software, but is it an Acer or a Compaq as you said both
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, the label on says compaq
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, remember this will remove all data from the computer, so make sure everything is backed up. Programs you need to install again.Power off the computer and power it on and keep tapping F10 until you get to a recovery menuTell me if you can get to this please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I have got Phoeni ix BIOS setup Utility page
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thats the incorrect place.You were tapping F10 as the computer started?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you try again, if it fails, try with F11Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
f10: same page but now with a smaller white window 'Setup configuration save and exit now Yes/No
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Say yes just to exit this.Then restart and try again, if it fails, try with F11Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
trying f11
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
f11 Welcome to recovery manager
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
perfect, this is it, go through and perform a factory recovery please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has restored to 26/4/16 and the programs are still there
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but I did not want you to restore Luis.I wanted you to do a Factory RestoreCan you please do this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
trying f1 again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
f11
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in advanced option I am offered computer check up
Microsoft system restore
file back up program
system recoverywhich one?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
system recovery please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
software being installed
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has restarted and the foreign files have gone
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Perfect and it should also be running a LOT faster
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems to be running much faster yes, anything I should do at this stage?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Only install the programs you want to use on the computer.It is ready to be used again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then, thank you vey much for your help
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome Luis