Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Re: Outlook Is requesting a password ***** so I can engage

Customer Question

Re: Outlook
Is requesting a password ***** so I can engage with Exchange. I've looked through my files &have tried every conceivable password ***** I've used over the years.
My system seems to automatically sign me in to Outlook, but I can't use it until I key in an appropriate password.
The email address that is flagged as needing a pass word is***@******.***.
I am currently invoiced by Microsoft £3.06 inc VAT per month, which has been ongoing for a couple of years. However, if I can't get access to it, then we might as well cancel the DD.
I hope you can point me in the right direction. I am a IT wally with brains to match :0)
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there John and welcomeUsually you would use the link below please and try to reset your password *****://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/Default.aspxI tried for you but it is disabled indicating your administrator needs to be contacted for this (the one who set this up for you is usually the administrator)There is then a link presented to contact your administratorCan you do this please and let me know the results
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Administrator is no longer contactable, but I do have some login details ( for logging on to Outlook),
U:***@******.***
P: M3d1cas3arch.
However, I will just try and reset my password ***** requested and report back
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you sign in then using the admin credentials and then you can reset your password ***** JohnYou sign in herehttps://login.microsoftonline.com/Let me know how you go please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,It has reset my password, but is that for my User ID which I had to key in or for one of my mailbox names?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, for the***@******.*** the new password ***** it now. So you now use this new password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Is it all not working for you John?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, Thanks Richarng.I think it works, but my Iphone asked to update the password, which I did, but it seems I'm being too quick off the mark as info was delayed from being received. I think it's OK now - fingers crossed.. I've given you a 5 star rati
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Perfect!I did not receive the rating yet, can you try again and please remember to click Submit after clicking the starsThank you JohnRichard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
Sorry I've not been in touch, but hospital prevailed!!!I'm afraid your fix didn't work and it is becoming annoying now as my iphone keeps requesting a password ***** get into Outlook. The new password ***** keyed is not recognised despite going through the procedures without a glitch.I believe the most effective way forward is for you to gain remote access because I'm an IT numpty. However, having to spend another £28 on top of the £33 is not a very good proposition, particularly as I'm no further forward.Have you any thoughts.Kind regards
John HarperKind Regards
John