Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

There I am the administrator computer and I am

Hi There
I am the administrator for this computer and I am trying to log on but the message i receive is The User profile service failed to logon. User profile service cannot be loaded.
I have asked the PC World and they said they can reset it but I would lose everything and i do not want to do that
Can any one help in this situation please,
Maureen
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is***** can help you with this. First, can you turn off the computer turn it on and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu. Choose Safe Mode. This should get you into Windows in Safe Mode (you wont have internet but it is not needed for this). Once in, click Start, and type in System Restore Press enter and follow the onscreen instructions to perform a Restore from the last Restore point. Once completed, tell me if you can now start into Windows normally please. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That has been tried as I stated in my guestion
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Maureen but no where is that stated in your question.Here is your question Hi ThereI am the administrator for this computer and I am trying to log on but the message i receive is The User profile service failed to logon. User profile service cannot be loaded.I have asked the PC World and they said they can reset it but I would lose everything and i do not want to do thatCan any one help in this situation please,Maureen My solution will solve this, and you did not indicate it was done, did you attempt the solution I told you to do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I was away from the computer I have tried the safe mode but nothing has changed
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
There are more steps then that Maureen,Please, can you carefully follow the instructions I gave and complete all steps to resolve this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please be patient with me as I am a pensioner and not really computer savvy
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its no problem, I only ask please you carefully follow the step by step instructions I gave you, they require no advance technical skill, just the time please to carefully read and follow them,Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you repeat what i have to do please
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
First, can you turn off the computer turn it on and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu. Choose Safe Mode. This should get you into Windows in Safe Mode (you wont have internet but it is not needed for this). Once in, click Start, and type in System Restore Press enter and follow the onscreen instructions to perform a Restore from the last Restore point. Once completed, tell me if you can now start into Windows normally please. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I must be sending messages somewhere different I am getting no replies
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, not sure where you are sending them to but this is the first message I received from you in an hour and a half Maureen.Can you repeat the message
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done all you asked and I still cannot get into my own login The message comes up The user profile service failed to logon. User profile service cannot be loaded
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What was the message when the system restore completed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I finished what you said went back to log on and that was the message i received
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Maureen, I am asking pleaseWhat was the message when the system restore completed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only saw that message not sure if it was after system restored
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I feel the instructions were not done sorry, you may have attempted them but they have not been done correctly else you would be able to answer the question. there is no advantage to moving forward until its confirmed the instructions have been doneIt may be easier for you to do these step by stepturn off the computer turn it on and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu. Choose Safe Mode.Let me know when it is in Safe Mode
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When this first happened and we tried to log on as I am the administrator it asked for a password ***** we first set up the computor I never knew what the password ***** my son and grandson are users here as well and there is no trouble there. maybe that will help a little more
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
it does not sorry, as I know the problem very well, I just need for you please to execute the instructions.Againturn off the computer turn it on and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu. Choose Safe Mode.Let me know when it is in Safe Mode
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok will try again now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in safe mode now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Now click start, type insystem restorepress entertell me what you then see please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Restore systems files and settings
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, now choose a restore date when you were last able to sign in, then initiate the restoreTell me when you have please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
let me know the message it gives when it completes the restore please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
System restore is I initializing
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** know the message it gives when it has completed please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has just shut down and screen shows icons
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No message
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
what icons do you see?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just the people who use the computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, click on your user account, can you now sign in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same as before user profile service failed to logon
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, sign in with one of the other accounts please, tell me when you have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Go to Start, Computer, then click on computer, C Drive, Users, select your User account and check for your files there.Tell me when you have located them please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My user account does not show
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If it does not show then someone deleted the folder there and why your not able to get into it, we tried to restore it and it was not able to as you saw.It will not be recoverable sorry, this now confirms it.You will need to create your own account again, which you can do via Start, Control Panel, User Accounts.And then moving forward you would need to use this new account.I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found it but the message says I do not have permission so I clicked access but needs a password ***** is the problem I have I do not know the password
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You also do not know the password ***** your own account?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know Microsoft password ***** not administrators password
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its the password ***** your user account it is requesting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Administrator password ***** tried my Microsoft one I need to go now to pick up children can I get back to you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is not going to be possible to access it Maureen, this was the last restortYou will need to create your own account again, which you can do via Start, Control Panel, User Accounts.And then moving forward you would need to use this new account.I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought if you could not fix my problem I would get a refund. It could not be fixed but thank you for trying. I do not wish to ask for more help.