Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

How to remove package tracer and my way from my computer

Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me more of this "package tracer"? Is it a software program downloaded from the internet that you installed unintentionally?Is your computer running Windows 7, 8, 10 or a Mac?Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and completely remove Package Tracer by MyWay and all of its traces while you watch your screen?Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
package tracer and my way keep appearing on the top bar of my computer, I don't know how it happened
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my computer is running windows 10
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. I believe this software hijacked your web browsers.Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and completely remove Package Tracer by MyWay and all of its traces while you watch your screen?Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would prefer to do this myself as I do not know how secure your connect would be
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
I understand your concerns but our remote access tool is legitimate and secure. It will be safe since while I am connected to your computer, you will be watching your screen.I highly recommend this secure remote assistance option because this package tracer that you mentioned is reported by many to be a malware that hijacked your browsers. With remote access, I can check and undo the effects of this malware while you watch your screen.Please confirm if you do not want this Secure Remote Connection and only want to continue with this chat option.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using our additional service offer of Secure Remote Assistance so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. 1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=312f17b5-d57d-4281-acd7-80ee9ccb4bb72. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess