Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proficient in all programs within office pro suite.
63493917

I have Windows Vista. I have just had the computer cleaned

Customer Question

I have Windows Vista. I have just had the computer cleaned and the windows program reinstated. All updates to date have been added. However when I have downloaded McAfee it will not install as a message always comes up saying: Your windows service pack is out of date. Please update to the latest service pack before installing McAfee solutions. How can I overcome this problem?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.Windows Service Packs are a COLLECTION of windows updates rolled into a single update, called a SP (Service Pack).When you update your windows Vista with a Service Pack...it will usually take a LONG time to not only download, but to install as well.Typically if you have AUTO updates turned on....this will happen in the early morning hours, and while the computer is IDLE..But you CAN do the updates manually.....through the Windows Update Utility (app).If you need help, i would be glad to do a remote session with you to resolve the issue.Although....a bit of free advice....get rid of Vista....and upgrade to Windows 7, or Windows 10.If your machine wont handle Windows 10, then Windows 7 is perfect.Its a WHOLE lot better and more stable that Windows Vista.Vista was considered BY MANY, to be a STOP GAP.