jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

Microsoft edge wont open and says it is because of built in

Customer Question

microsoft edge wont open and says it is because of built in administrator, how do i fix this
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  KamilAnwar1 replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
I sent request for remote service. Please accept it then follow steps here to connect with me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i would rather not accept remote service
No problem. We can continue here then. What is the exact message you're getting when you try to run edge and what type is your user account setup (standard or admin)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
microsoft edge can not be opened using built in administrator account, please sign in with another account and try again. my account is admin as im the only user on this pc
Navigate to the following registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\SystemCreate a DWORD value if it doesn’t already exist called FilterAdministratorTokenSet the value to 1Next we need to navigate to the registry and make an additional change:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\UIPI\Change the Default string key to 0x00000001(1)Also, in addition to the above, make sure your User Account Control Setting is set to the third level from the bottom. To get to UAC, go to your Windows 10 search and type uac. It should come up as “Change User Account Control Settings“. Finally, restart Windows and then you will be able to use Edge under your Built-in Administrator account