Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

My windows 10 upgrade has now developed a problem. I cant open

my windows 10 upgrade has now developed a problem. I cant open windows icon it appears to be frozen I cant open home page or access files. I was prompted to run a scan sfc/ scannow and no files were affected. I have rebooted after scan but still not able to click on windows icon. regret windows 10 now, can you help
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Did the windows icon work at any point previously with Windows 10?When did you upgrade to Windows 10?Did your computer come with Windows 7 or 8, etc. previously?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes icon worked fine but I have been away 5 days computer off. upgraded windows about 2 months ago ? computer was windows 8. yes remote support session good. please note I'm not great on computer when it comes to faults
Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=bffebb92-75e9-49ea-b512-af822c342de7, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,
Thank you; please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=bffebb92-75e9-49ea-b512-af822c342de7, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,
I tried a fix via remote support. Once the computer has restarted, please check if the windows icon is working now or not.If there is still any issue, please reply at the box below, so I can help further. Thank you,
If that does not work, please try:Press at the same time the two keys Windows and i on the keyboard. Then the Settings window should open.Select Accounts > Other users.Under Other users, select Add someone else to this PC.At the bottom of the page, select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.At the bottom of the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.Enter a name for the new account. Then click on select Next.Select Finish.Scroll down, then click on the new account name, then select option Change account type, then click on the dropdown list, then click on option Administrator. Then ok / apply.Then shut down / restart the computer.Then sign in the new account name and check. If it works, then you can transfer data from the old account to the new account; I can help with this.- If it still does not work, please try:Press at the same time the two keys Windows and i on the keyboard. Then the Settings window should open.Then open Update & security.Then open Recovery.Then select option PC Refresh.Then select option Keep my files when prompted, and continue.Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,
If that still does not work, please try:Shut down the computer.Turn on the computer, but do not log in the computer for now.At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.When prompted, select the option "Keep my files", and continue.Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.