Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I am converting from a desktop to a laptop using wifi, keeping

Customer Question

i am converting from a desktop to a laptop using wifi, keeping both systems running at the moment. I have Microsoft Office 365 on the laptop and am having trouble getting email under Outlook. I can get email via Windows Explorer and talktalk web mail , but the same user name and password ***** not enable me to open an account in Outlook and after testing settings consistently record the error code 0x800ccc05. I have checked with TalkTalk but they have referred me to you.I assume this must be some kind of a settings problem
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please all the settings you are entering into Outlook for your TalkTalk account please?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.Thanks,Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cant spend time at the moment. I will contact again this afternoon after 3 pm local time
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok.. though I could just connect to your computer Peter and do this for you in a few minutes.Else we continue later
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please continue later. I'm awaiting transport to take my wife to the hospital
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok no problem and I wish you the best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do i show my settings ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can see your replies went straight to junk email which is why i told your operator that i had not received a reply. Yesterday i went to Teamviewer and did as directed and eventually thought that i was having a chat with someone only to find later that nothing was happeneing. i am now no farther forward. what do you want me to do now ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ref #VXY-313-23083. I am trying to carry on from where I left off yesterday and endeavouring to get an answer to my original question. When I followed this link this morning at 11.05 the message said that you were examining/wqorking on my query. As of 14.05 nothing appears to have happened. Are we all wasting our time ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
order id 16303160-120 ref #VXY-313-23083 is there anybody there to answer my query ???
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Can you let me know when your available please and we can then do this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will be ready at 10.00 this morning, thanks Peter Swift
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Peter, when you are ready, on the Laptop we are adding TalkTalk to, run Teamviewer and give me the ID and Password *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
confused yet again. i did as asked id 795 383 726 p/w 7768 peter
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, not sure where the confusion is Peter, as you have the ID and Password, but you need to leave the teamviewer program open, and you closed it.Open it again, give me the new password ***** leave it open please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
richard, i cannot believe how ambiguous all these instructions are. team viewer is running but the only way i can seem to get the info to you is with this message i/d 795 v383 v726 p/w 4223
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, as I requested you give the information here... I am connected
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
as requested, please do the instructions on the LAPTOP and give me HERE the ID and Password
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let me try again my laptop is sitting on the home page of outlook i have already sent you the i/d 795 383 726 p/w 4223. if you want me to send info from the laptop you must tell me how to do that
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
There is no point in me connecting to the old computer as you need the problem fixed on the Laptop.Do the instructions you did on the desktop, on the laptop and give me here the ID and Password ***** the laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
On the LAPTOP Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
richard i am sorry to appear to be stupid. i am on the home page on the laptop. nowhere do i see the download command. should i be on another screen. you must realise that i am totally unfamiliar with outlook since i have not been able to use it to date
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its not in outlook, your installing and running Teamviewer, just like you did on the desktop, except you do it on the laptop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
richard, i am sorry for the delay, but in the process on activating team viewer i have come across all sorts of updates that appear to be required on my computer. i will try to perform the download as soon as possible,but it may be necessary to delay until the afternoon. i will contact you again
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem and till then Peter