michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

My pc won't let me upgrade to windows 10 because i don't hav

Customer Question

my pc won't let me upgrade to windows 10 because i don't have enough spae on my c drive. how can i free up space or can i use a memory card as free space to install?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  michelleclive replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.What is the total capacity of the hard drive on which you want to install windows 10?Let me know the make and model of the computer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my hard drive is 18.8gb with currently 5.17 gb freeit is and asus t100
For windows 10 the minimum hardware requirement is given below you should have the compatible and required hardware. Windows 10 technical preview has these requirements:Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or fasterRAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit) recommended is 4GBFree hard disk space: 20 GB recommendedGraphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driverA Microsoft account and Internet access is required.Your computer does not meet the minimum requirement. You will have to opt for a new computer or upgrade.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
so you've stated that my computer does not meet the minimum requirement, so you owouldnt be able to upgrade it to windows 10 if you accessed it remotely?
No i am sorry sir we cannot logically load windows 10 as your computer does not meet the basic hardware configuration and requirement.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok thanks anyway now i know
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how do i get a refund being as you weren't able to solve the problem?
i am sorry to say but for your question i have provided the correct answersince its a hardware limitation windows 10 cannot be installed however had it been another computer i would have guided you step by step
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok i'll have to talk to my bank to get my money back as i am in no better situation as to when i started! When i put my card details in the website clearly stated if i wasn't satisfied i could get a refund
i have not yet been credited with any earnings for this question..you may contact customer service if you like however i would like to say that for the question you have posted i have provided you an answer
here is the contact# *****
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
an answer that didnt help my situation
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thanks anyway
I am sorry but i gave you the correct answer we cannot install windows 10 as you computer does not meeting the minimum requirement. That is the answer and you have paid and now you know your computer is not capable for windows 10 in that case you need to opt for a new computer or stay with the same operating system till you change or upgrade.