jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

My e mail stopped coming some 16 days ago and I cannot re-set despite spending hours try

Customer Question

my e mail stopped coming some 16 days ago
and I cannot re-set despite spending hours
trying. help appreciated. vincent
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
What email service were you using? were you using a webbrowser or a mail client?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my windows and live accounts appear to be out of date and I cannot fix them by my means.
I have already paid £35.00 for this and not paying anymore. thank you.
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
Did i ask you to pay more?
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
You have locked out your accounts....hopefully you added a cell phone OR other email addresss in your security settings, you would use these to reset the password.
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
Sadly, if an account is locked out, and there is no recovery email and cell attached to it, and you can not get the challenge questions correct, the account is usually lost.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
not very happy, but will do if you solve the problem for me.
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
I'm not charging you anything further.......read what i put in above, thats the truth on the matter. Do you have an additional email or cell associated with he lost account?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thank you. I have 2 e mail addresses only. vincentmcd@ live.com and the same for Outlook.
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
does not seem to be a valid live.com account.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is the one that I have used for over several years and no problem until mail
and all my other conta.cts appear to have been cut off from several days ago. I must have touched
a wrong button on the system somewhere.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
computer keeps saying " your settings are out of date ". that seems to be the problem.
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
interesting. Is the date and time set correctly?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no. the date of the last e-mail etc is 29 April 2016.
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
Sorry, i was refering to system time, is the clock set correctly on the PC, date and time?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry. I could not get back to you. apologies. Date and time correct as today.
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
Ok, From what i see here, i think the account is locked out, and like i said above, that can be bad.....once lost, always lost. Can you try logging in via the web portal?
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
live.com is where you would log in.
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
I need to run an errand for about 40 min, I will be back. I don't want to charge you for me to remote in, because I have to charge for premium services. But thats might what it takes, and there would be no grantee of success, since I think the account its self is locked out.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry. web portal not understood. I just log on as usual by switching on from wall plug.
I do not leave the set switched on all the time, only when needed for internet usually.
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
Right, your using a software client on your PC to get mail, many do. I just wanted to doubble check that your account is locked out by going to live.com and logging into webmail.
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
I will be back with you in a bit sir. If you want, I can opt out now so someone else can jump in.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can you put it right by connecting to the computer direct ? If not, I will have to find local help. I am 92
years old and not very wealthy (or healthy). I have to look after my pennies ! Will return at my time of 9.30pm.I have returned 9.30.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is now 10pm my time in UK. I do not know where you are, but I hope that this problem
goes away soon. Please do your best as you have my trust in your expertise. Thank you.
I will make contact to-morrow morning.
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
I can TRY, if the account is locked out, may need to make a new one. Just come back here tomorrow, same question and let me know what you would like to do.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Will do. It is easy to make a new a/c I suppose, but I really need to repair the break and get it back where it should be.
How did it get locked out, and where is the key, it must be somewhere? Cheers. Vincent
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
Accounts can get locked out many ways, i'll call you tomorrow when i work on your machine and explain the gist of it. Will do what ever i can to help. I work from about noon -4pm MTN Time. Its 4:53 pm here. Take care sir.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi ! I am back for help if anyone is available ?
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
Hi there, i'm around. its US 12:45 right now, i'll be around until 4-5
Expert:  Tim replied 6 months ago.
Checking back in.