michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

I have just been phoned by a lady number withheld (India?)

I have just been phoned by a lady number withheld (India?) She says that I have a line infection ! which is trying to crash my computer. I think this is a scam so I am reportibg it.
Ian Joiner
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.The kind of calls you have received is mostly scam calls please do not entertain such calls as they try to make money by probing fake infections and virus on your computer.If you are getting virus infection screen popups with phone number to call then its a scam and its call pop call advertisement.If you are facing any computer related problems let me know i can help you figure out the issue and will fix it as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no problems with my computer thanks. It was a general query as I thought that this was a strange phone call at 08.30 . They have tried 5 times since which I have ignored.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help in this matter.