Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I am trying to recover my Microsoft password ***** i am

I am trying to recover my Microsoft password ***** i am locked out of my pc. They say they have sent code but none has arrived after several times of trying
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. What's the email address currently showing on your PC?Does your PC have windows 8 or 10, etc.?Do you also have another computer that is currently working?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My email address is***@******.***
Windows 10
No other pc but have ipad
Does that same exact hotmail email address, that you just told me, currently showing on your PC's screen? Or is it another email address currently showing on your PC?Do you currently have access to that hotmail email address email address on your iPad?Also, is this a new PC? Or was it working fine previously?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have never used a password ***** access my pc so dont know why its asking for one now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have access to that email on my phone
1. Did your computer come with windows 10? Or did it come with Windows 7 or 8, etc., previously, then you upgraded to Windows 10?2. Does that same exact hotmail email address, that you just told me, currently showing on your PC's screen? Or is it another email address currently showing on your PC?3. If you go to the hotmail.com website on your phone, are you able to sign in with that hotmail email address and with your hotmail email password?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I upgraded ages ago and it has been working fine until this morning when it suddenly asked for a password
Is the exact email address***@******.*** currently showing on your PC's screen? Or is it another email address currently showing on your PC?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you not reply on liv chat here instead of messaging?
Is the exact email address***@******.*** currently showing on your PC's screen? Or is it another email address currently showing on your PC's screen?
I'm replying via live chat here. You may need to refresh this page on your device every minute or so. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ahh sorry :(. The address on screen is***@******.***
I am sorry i am slow typing but i am 72 and i am not really a typist
That's okay. Do you also have an email address starting with the two letters GA and ending with @GMX.com? If yes, what is that email address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put that in already several times and was told they would send a code but nothing arrived on that Email
Have you checked the Spam / Junk email folder on your gmx.com email?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
several times :).
I'm sorry. Is it okay to reset the PC fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will that mean i lose my files on my pc?
Unfortunately, yes. I guess you do not have any backup?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could have done that myself. All i want is a new microsoft password. I do have some back up but not up to date. I dont want to lose my recent files
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why cant i just have my password *****? I am able to reset password ***** all my other things. Seems odd that microsoft cant do it by email and why cant you use the email associated with the account
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are contacting me by email now
I'm sorry. I'm not affiliated with Microsoft; I'm an independent computer tech. I will continue helping you. So you go to the website gmx.com and sign in your gmx email, but you do any Microsoft email message there. Maybe gmx blocks hotmail email server, or maybe you misspelled the gmx email address previously on your hotmail account page.You can refresh this web page. I'm checking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought you were from microsoft. That is very misleading
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just paid you £39 to be told you cant really help
I'm sorry. Microsoft support can be slow, and they charge you a lot more.I'm an independent computer tech; I fix computer issues for all computer makes, such as HP, Dell, Asus, Toshiba, Lenovo, Acer, etc.And we guarantee our service, so don't worry.
To confirm, you do not remember your hotmail email account password.And when you go to the website gmx.com and sign in your gmx email, but you do not see any Microsoft email message there.Maybe gmx blocks hotmail email server, or maybe you misspelled the gmx email address on your hotmail account page previously.I'm checking for another solution.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already checked on line if thats what you are doing
You did check your gmx email at the www.gmx.com website right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No but i will do so now. I checked the gmx email on my phone
OK. You can also go to the gmx.com website on the phone and sign in your gmx email address and check.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is on the web page. Thank you
You're welcome. Did you receive an email message from Microsoft in your GMX email account now? If yes, did you receive any code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is a code
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you need it?
Great. Now, you can try again and use the code (or new code):https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspxPlease reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,
It looks like you are away now, so I'll be offline for now also. If you are stuck at any step, please let me know, so we can schedule another time, so I can help further. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much for your patience,