Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

New Win 10 PC, never used a password, no backup disc or boot

new Win 10 PC, never used a password, no backup disc or boot disk,its now asking for a password, will not accept click on blank space as It used to do.now locked out
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

On the page where you sign in you will see the email address that is used for signing in.

can you tell me what that address is please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no emailaddress
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Just to be sure, have you restarted the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the PC is at another address and I am trying to solve the query from my Mac mini
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, but in regards ***** ***** last question? have you restarted the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
every time I switched it on it asked for password? ? ? don't have one so can't get in
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, then somehow a password ***** set and if you cannot recall it then you will need to reset the computer

this will remove all data from the computer and return it to new, but you cannot avoid this, it is the whole reason for the security

To do this, on the sign in page, hold down the left SHIFT and with it held down, click on the power icon and click restart.

Keep shift held down until you are at a menu.

then release

Choose Troubleshoot, then Reset MY Pc.

You have to choose to remove files, then let this complete, windows is installed again and you can set up and use the computer

Let me know please how you go.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your help, I will make a visit and try out your suggestions. I will sign out now.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit