Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

My emails haven't synced since may 6th and it keeps coming

Customer Question

My emails haven't synced since may 6th and it keeps coming up with Error 0x8505004
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me which email program and email service you are using please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't what a email program is but i use hot mail and outlook
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, when it opens you should see it, can you check for this please as I need to know

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
inbox-outlook-mail thats all i can see
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID###-##-####password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It says the ID is incorrect, can you double check it please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
185 885 213
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long should the scanning and repairing last as I have been home for nearly 3hours and it's only 10% complete
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It can take many hours if it encounters a lot of issues, it will complete though, but as it is taking so long it means there are a lot of issues on the computer it is repairing.