Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

My msn free hotmail account according to hotmail has or is

my msn free hotmail account according to hotmail has or is being used by someone else? so i cannot axcess it, i have completed a questionaire last week no reply not from that or contacting them through another freinds account
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

HI there Malcolm and welcome

Can you tell me the email account with the issue please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thanks, ***** ***** have the phone ending in 27 with you?

And what are the last 4 digits?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that would be my old former land line number(###) ###-####now dissconnected as i have moved i have a mobile number ***********
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you call that number and see if it is assigned to someone now please?

If so, explain the issue and that they will be receiving a code and you will be asking them for it.

Let me know please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tried it twice just says dialed incorrect number so i assume dead line now was two years ago +
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Hotmail being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

Microsoft states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year Microsoft has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not Microsoft, their policies, or the situation itself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when the account was set up 11 years ago i gave passwords etc which you need to help me yes? i have them all wrote down on a piece of paper i believe would it therefore be possible to reinstate my account if i find the information?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No, the only way is to have a code sent to the phone number, but as you never updated it and it is not valid, access to the account is not possible sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
looks like the only way forward is open a new email account is that correct then?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

That is correct sorry, if the number was valid we could have used that else you need to create a new account which you can do here

https://signup.live.com/

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I surrpose a new account eliminates all that shit you seem to get bombarded with that seems to find its way into your inbox eh i guess thats us done then, just a quick question what happens to my account now then just left recieving lost in the never nerer for ever?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

After a year when you do not sign in, Microsoft will close it on you, so then its released to a new person if someone chooses to create an account with that exact same name

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you, ***** ***** my partner to set me a new account up this eve, sorry for slow response people at the door repeatedly the unwanted sort thanks again Malcolm
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Me

its no problem Malcolm and your welcome

Please remember though the Service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen the submit so I am credited