jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

Why is my Hotmail email account still not up and running. I

Customer Question

Why is my Hotmail email account still not up and running. I understand that Hotmail/Outlook are having problems. What can you do to help?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rita. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. As a Hotmail user my self

I know that it is now running. What is the issue you are having with accessing your mail?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to sign in and I am still getting the message 'something has gone wrong.' This is the same message I have had since Thursday
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Click this link: www.outlook.com

Enter your Hotmail email address and password.

Are you able to log in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have clicked on the link and I am still getting the message 'Error' in the top and 'Something went wrong. I cannot
get in into the account at all
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Can we do a screen sharing session so I may further troubleshoot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we can, but do I really have to pay another £19? I know I need to get the service up and running, but having paid £26 and nothing. happening. The first payment also guaranteed satisfaction. But if I must. Let me know. Thanks. Rita
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

No extra charge:

From your computer, please click the link below (after reading this). On the new page, click the green I Agree button and the connection download will begin. When the file has downloaded (Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) select Run or Open. If Windows asks, Allow changes to be made. When the file has loaded we should be connected.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=37551f03-6a8a-4e4f-90b2-088655dc38e7

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rita. What browser are you using to connect to the internet.

Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Byron,
I am using mainly Firefox. But sine I have had the problem on Thursday I have tried getting in via Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
But acting on your advice regarding the above link. After I click on I agree. I am not directed to Run/Open, I am getting save this file. I am at my wits end!!
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

In Firefox, click Save. Once the file has downloaded the

downward pointing arrow that the top right of your screen will turn blue.

Click on the arrow and a small window will open showing Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client

Click on that to run it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I must be really stupid. But there is no downward pointing arrow in the little box that says Save or cance. So I click on save and I get the message that it is scanning. On the left hand page there a message that says download in small letters. I click on that and I get back the small screen with save or cancel. I'm not terriblly computer savvy, but I am not seeing your instructions. Sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In fact the tiny screen is there for you to see
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

When prompted, click Save then look at

the arrow at the top of the Firefox page. It looks like this (see attachment)

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi Rita. Please let me know how it's going.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Byron
I am still unable to get into my email account. I cannot understand why I am still getting the message 'something is wrong'
It should have been resolved by now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am at my wits end and ready to despair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It took a while for the computer to reset after you tried to fix the problem so I was unable to respond sooner