Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proficient in all programs within office pro suite.
63493917

I forgot my windows passworf and cannot enter my computer

Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Which version of Windows do you have?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Windows 10

Is this for the LOCAL account.....or for the Windows LIVE Account?

.

The reset process is vastly different, between the 2 different accounts.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is the password ***** to run windows it will not allow anything to run
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is the passsword I used for installation

Yes.....and at that time of installation, did you select an email address that was associated to that same password? (which is always in the form of "Email***@******.***)

We have to determine if the account your using, is a LOCAL account, or if it is a MICROSOFT account.

.

A local account does NOT have an EMAIL address/account associated to the password ***** the login.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
exactly

Local account?

In order to reset a Local account, you have to have the INSTALL disc, or INSTALL partition on the hard drive.

Then BOOT from that Install media.....and during the install loading process, you will hit the button combination Shift + F10, and This will bring up a command prompt. From here, we’re going to use the command prompt to replace the Utility Manager at the login screen with some commands.

.

But you need to cnfirm with me you have the Install disc, or partition to boot from.......if not, you will have to MAKE one, or BUY one.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is the local account for installation of my pc it is also my account passwd

okay.....i think your saying...the local account password (administrator account i assume) has the same password ***** your Microsoft account does.

.

Thats fine....although, not a good idea from a security stand-point.

.

Reseting the local account password ***** the install disc or install recovery partition. AND that you boot from it.

.

So.....do you have the install media?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sorry interrupted , the account given has an associated password ***** e-mail
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
my windows is OEM no disk.

okay....so its a MICROSOFT account then......and you need to use the MICROSOFT account password ***** process.

.

I can try to do this for you......but you would have to provide your security details to me.....or you can do this yourself, and i can give you the website where to start.....up to you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I* have got that far but cannot manage to find enough ID info to get past their security
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have not tried deleting the account.

okay......if your not able to reset the password.....then your locked out.

This is how the security was built, so thiefs or account hackers can not EASILY steall your identity.

.

Your last option is to REinstall the entire operating system, and erase all personal files, as you dont have the password ***** unlocks them anyways......and during that process, a NEW account can be created.

what your asking is akin to asking a lock smith to make new keys for a car, that you cant prove is yours, by showing the title in your name.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK will try and create anew

To create a new account, requires that you be logged into that computers Windows 10 OS, before being able to add any account.

.

So....yeah.....if you cant login to hat computer, you cant add accounts.....unless you use the install media, that i previously mentioned.

Experience: Proficient in all programs within office pro suite.