Sudipto
Sudipto, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting
15197395

I purchased microsoft office from my work pc, I'm now trying

Hi I purchased microsoft office from my work pc, I'm now trying to access microsoft office from my home mac, but it won't let me log on?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is***** far as I can understand your problem, you have purchased the office program from Windows PC and now you want to use it from your MAC computer, am I correct ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
that right, apparently you can use office on up to 5 devices. I managed to download onto my i phone. but can't on my mac
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

Can you tell me the version of MS Office, which you have purchased ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
good question! i honestly can't remember. I bought it at the begining of April and haven't been able to use it at home since. However it works fine at the office. Im on a pay monthly of £7.99, Does that help?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The reason I need Office on my MAC is so that i can work from home and then save to One drive where i can access the files at work. But none of this has worked.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

Are you able to use office from your iPhone ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ive just checked and its office 365 Home
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
last week i entered my cash up sheets on my phone using the one drive, but when i got to work nothing had saved!!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I feel like I'm going round in circles and technology hates me, please help
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** try to access your Microsoft Account , what is the exact error message you are getting ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I try to log in with my email***@******.***, which is where i receive all the microsoft correspondence the message that comes up says:hotmail.com isn't in out systemmake sure you typed your email address correctly. It usually looks like***@******.*** or***@******.***
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Am i supposed to have a different log on?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

Yes, you have to create one, if you have downloaded the office program from One Drive to your iPhone then, I think you can use that same steps on your Mac to download the program and let me know what happens ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't know how to do that, can you talk me through it?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

But, you said that you have downloaded the office program on your iPhone, how did you do that ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I downloaded the app from the app store, but when i try and do that it tries to charge me again
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

OK, are you able to download the office program on your Windows PC?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
its all set up on my pc and paid for,I'm trying to use the same account and down load on to my home computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

Ok, so you have used the same email address and password ***** download the program on your Windows PC, but that email address is not working at present from MAC, if this is your exact problem then, try the link below from the MAC and let me know if you are able to login or not ?

https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=12&ct=1465413087&rver=6.7.6643.0&wp=MBI_SSL&wreply=https

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
this is what i need,
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Its just updating i will let you know how i get on
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

Ok, that's great!!, please let me know if you need any further help otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My Mac is down loading el capitan, how long will that take?
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

Sorry, don't have any idea. It complete depends on the Internet speed. Are you able to login to your MS account ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had to upgrade before i could install microsoft office, so I'm just waiting. It says downloading but no information on how long it will take. For all i know it could have stopped!
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

Sorry, I am not too much familiar with MAC, I can help you with office program but not with MAC. Anyway, let me know what happens when the upgrade completes.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK so you wouldn't know if there is there anyway i check the progress?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok i need to restart, I'm going to loose the link you sent me, can you send it to my email address***@******.***
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

No, I do not know, how to check the progress, you can get some idea about the upgrade from the link below.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-download-install-osx-el-capitan-out-now-new-mac-software-prepare-3521995/

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yep its going to take hours!! before its installed!!
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

Then, I think we have to wait, do not disturb the update process, as that can cause a bigger problem. Let me know about the office download.

Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

How are you, please let me know what happened after the upgrade of your MAC ?

Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

Hi, you did not replied me back ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, after many updates, we finally got there thank you so much!
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

That's great !! Please let me know if you need any further help otherwise please remember to give a positive rating at the top of this page as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you so much after many downloads we are there!! Kind regards
Expert:  Sudipto replied 7 months ago.

Please remember to give rating at the top of this page.

Sudipto, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting