KamilAnwar1
KamilAnwar1, Office Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

While on holiday last week, I turned off the power to my PC.

Customer Question

While on holiday last week, I turned off the power to my PC. On returning yesterday, I re-powered it and found that my desk top has been largely removed (losing all documents, photos in Picasa 3, my wife's Gmail in Google, Music lists and excel spreadsheet and Word icons. Also Mail, News and weather panels for windows 10 have disappeared and I can only access my e-mail via the web by putting Outlook.com into Google. I can access documents, pictures and music by entering specific titles in Search, but this is not convenient when I am not sure of the titles of things I am looking for. I was using Windows Live 12 for e-mail, but, on your advice, changed this to Mail in Windows 10 several weeks ago in preparation for the changes you have planned for late June and so any change there should not have caused problems. Finally, the keyboard has suddenly change to USA format when I had the English format. Why did all this happen and how can I get my Pc back to its previous state? Your help will be appreciated.
Cyril Tomkins
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  KamilAnwar1 replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer It appears to me that this has happened because the Windows was upgraded to Windows 10. How long has it been since it was upgraded to Windows 10? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
several months ago

So has the issue been going on for several months?

Please click the link below and run/open the downloaded program:
https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=662228

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no - it has only ocurred when i turned the Pc on again

Okay. Please click the link i sent so i can connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do i do now? Do I just wait?

You need to run the downloaded program, which is downloaded after you clicked the link i sent.

https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=760029