Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

When attempting to load WindowsUpdateFixer 2.01, error:

Customer Question

When attempting to load WindowsUpdateFixer 2.01, error: Could not find the path
Microsoft.Security.ApplicationsId.PolicyManagement.PolicyModel.Resources.dll
N.B. I have Windows 7 Home Edition
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hi Edward, welcome.

When did the problem start and what are you trying to do? (Aside from load that Windows Update Fixer?

Martin

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.

Please ignore this reply. It was posted on the wrong question.

Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Expert for over 10 years
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

No problem

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Edward, do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't update to Windows 10 without installing pack 1 and I get unknown error when I use windows update
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Ahh I see.

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the option there to request Remote Assistance? (on your end)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The message says Secure Remote Assistance is not available at this time
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

OK bare with me a couple of mins, I will contact billing and see if they can get it going.

In the meantime, go to the following site:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

Scroll right down and click Download tool now

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Upon opening the tool you should see a window asking you to accept or decline

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have generated a Windows 10 DVD. I hope you will be able to update my Windows 7 so that I can then use the DVD to install Windows 10 (at a later date).
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Great work, Edward.

You can try booting from the DVD as it is now.

Put the disc in, restart the computer and press either Esc, F11 or F12 (or press all simultaneously) repeatedly to see if you get an option for where you want to boot from.

Select the DVD drive so it boots from the Windows 10 installation disc and see if you can follow the wizard.

Let me know how it goes!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not wish to install Windows 10 until I have backed up my Windows 7. I would like you to update Windows 7 since I cannot do it myself (because of the "unknown error").
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will now close this conversation. Perhaps you will contact me by email (******************) when you are ready to take this matter further, giving me instructions on how to re-engage. Just to reiterate, I started this by asking for advice about how to deal with the problem of installing WindowsUpdateFixer 2.01 that I wished to have because Windows update had run into difficulties installing an important update; I am hoping that you will be able to resolve the Windows update problem without WindowsUpdateFixer though I presume that the solution will still involve adding Microsoft.Security.ApplicationId.PolicyManagement,Policy Model,Resources.dll to my system.
Thank you for your efforts so far.
Eddie Clough.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

I will contact you when I am next online and we'll go through it together so we make sure everything is backed up properly, don't you worry!

Regards,
Martin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Windows 10 Wizard indicates that my computer with its current Win 7 Home Premium installation ticks all the boxes for a successful installation of Windows 10 but states that I must first upgrade to Microsoft Service Pack 1 (SP1) before attempting the Windows 10 installation. Windows Update fails to install SP1 (for an "unknown reason").. In an attempt to solve this problem I tried to load "WindowsUpdateFixer 2.01" but this too failed to install, the reason given being that part of a path "Microsoft.Security.ApplicationsId.PolicyManagement.PolicyModel.Resources.dllMicrosoft.Security.ApplicationsId.PolicyManagement.PolicyModel.Resources.dll" could not be found.Following instructions, I have generated a Windows 10 DVD in preparation. I now await the installation of SP1 (by you by Secure Remote Assistance) before proceeding with the Win 10 installation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Windows 10 Wizard indicates that my computer with its current Win 7 Home Premium installation ticks all the boxes for a successful installation of Windows 10 but states that I must first upgrade to Microsoft Service Pack 1 (SP1) before attempting the Windows 10 installation. Windows Update fails to install SP1 (for an "unknown reason").. In an attempt to solve this problem I tried to load "WindowsUpdateFixer 2.01" but this too failed to install, the reason given being that part of a path "Microsoft.Security.ApplicationsId.PolicyManagement.PolicyModel.Resources.dll" could not be found.Following instructions, I have generated a Windows 10 DVD in preparation. I now await the installation of SP1 (by you by Secure Remote Assistance) before proceeding with the Win 10 installation.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. From your computer click the following link:

https://ngmt.screenconnect.com/?Session=abc92f2a-5799-49ad-8152-23372f7cb2e7

Then click Join your session -->

And run (open) the program that gets downloaded Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client

Let me know once you've done that or if you need additional steps.

Martin

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I click on the link you have given me ":https://ngmt.screenconnect.com/?Session=abc92f2a-5799-49ad-8152-23372f7cb2e7" I getErrorUnable to convert arguments to corresponding parameter types.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Download and install .NET Framework first:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=30653