Russell H.
Russell H., Computer Support Tech
Experience:  Years of supporting users of Microsoft software
13568747

I have forgotten my POP3 password how can I retrieve it.

I have forgotten my POP3 password ***** can I retrieve it.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The POP3 password ***** be the password ***** login to your email account, I think.

So... open a web browser on your computer.

Go to the website of the email address, e.g. if the email address ends in @hotmail.com, go to

www.hotmail.com

or if it ends in @aol.com, go to

www.aol.com

Try to login there, with your email address, but with any old password (since you don't remember it.)

Then, when the system refuses the login, you use the

Forgot your password?

or similar link, to retrieve or reset your email password. Then, having the new password, you will know what your POP3 password *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russell ,I have tried many times to find out my POP3 password ***** success ,I am a computer oaf and I am stuck on a repetitive treadmill, when I open up my E-Mail it requests the POP3 password ***** as I do not recall it I cannot figure out how to go about finding out what it was or how to access my account and change it .What I need is a step by step process of going into the whole procedure of obtaining my password ***** opening a new account and transferring all the contents to the new account,thank you DAVE.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK.

First, try accessing your email through a web browser. Open the web browser, and enter the part of your email address to the right of the '@' sign, in the Address bar on the browser.

Go to that website, and click on Log In or Login, and enter your username, then any letters for your password ***** that login will fail, but you will see a link to Find your forgotten password. Use that link... and if it needs an email address to send reset information to, then open another email account temporarily, e.g. with a free email provider like mail.com, and have the reset information sent to that email address.

Do not fall into the mistake of having the reset information sent to the same email address you do not have access to yet.