Russell H.
Russell H., Computer Support Tech
Experience:  Years of supporting users of Microsoft software
13568747

Forgot my password and waiting new one it's quite annoying

Customer Question

Forgot my password ***** waiting for a new one it's quite annoying that I can't access my emails. I don't send out emails much so when using the method of writing down emails I've sent
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please continue to explain, what is your question, please? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't access my email address password ***** changed or changed previously and can't reclaim it back
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

What is the address to the right of the '@' sign in your email address, the one that is having the problem, please?

Have you tried to access your email address, from more than one device ?

And how long since you have changed your email address, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
was still working from my old phone but now it's broken can't access anything
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

And how long since you have changed your email password (-I'm sorry, I got the question wrong at first)... please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
few devices but not today while ago before my phone broke. Changed my password ***** ago maybe 4
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I see.

How long has the email address been inaccessible? (I ask because I wonder whether it's another of Hotmail's occasional 'outages', when you cannot log in. This does happen sometimes - I used to use a Hotmail address that I used frequently.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was reading emails etc on my phone couple weeks ago however not sent an email in years
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

So it's not just a temporary outage.

May I know, are you still waiting to be given a new password? have you made a password ***** request?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, because last time I had to write down emails that I've sent previously and not having sent many they seemed that I didn't give enough information for me to access it
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Info about your email folders in your communications might help, if you have email folders in your account.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have any other than junk
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

That's too bad.

I think that I have run out of ideas with regard to your problem, aside from that you should communicate with Hotmail, and tell what the folders (Inbox, and probably Junk) are in your account, as well as whatever emails you last recall opening, and how long you have had your email account, and when you last logged into it successfully.

All these details may help them verify that you indeed are the legit. accessor of the account.

With patience (it may take a 24-hour day, perhaps) you may get Hotmail to reset your email account to its original status or accessible status.