michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

What is an exchange account, I am having real problems

What is an exchange account, I am having real problems accessing my hotmail account and have to go through outlook to do it, all my apple devices are looking for a password ***** my exchange account and none of my usual passwords work.
I do not even remember setting up this exchange account.
Please advise on what this exchange account is and how do i reset the password.
Dave
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

How are you accessing your hotmail is it through outlook or windows mail app.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ipad iPhone and Macbook

To set up Hotmail on iPhone
1. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account
2. Select Outlook.com. As noted above, the process is the same whether you have a Hotmail, Live, or MSN email account.

3. Enter your Hotmail email address, password, as well as a description of the account. The description will be the name of this particular email inbox in the Mail app, once you’re done with the set up. A good description would simply be “Hotmail.” Tap Next when you’re done.

Select what Hotmail data you want to have access to on your iPhone. You can choose to sync your email, contacts, calendars, and reminders with Hotmail. By default everything is turned on. Once you have selected what you want, tap Done.

5. Go to the Mail application on your iPhone. Your newly created Hotmail account should be available there.

6. By default, only one week worth of emails is synced with your iPhone, but you can easily change that. To do so, go back to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Hotmail > Mail Days to Sync > and choose how many days should be synced. If you want to have access to all your emails, choose No Limit.

As you can tell, setting up Hotmail on iPhone is pretty straightforward. Remember that adding Hotmail to iPad is just as easy. Just follow the steps above and you should be up and running in no time. Maybe the most important here is to remember that Hotmail is now Outlook, and although it doesn’t change anything for you as a user, the Outlook option is the one you must choose to get Hotmail working on your iPhone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should explain that I have had these devices for some time without problem, however last week i got a message that someone else was using my hotmail and i had to reset my password, now i was in South Korea and my wife e-mail to whom you sent the security code was in the UK 8 hrs behind me so that did not work to well.
I have since returned home and reset the password, however none of my devices work normally I have to go through goggle to get into my e-mail, which I have had since 1999.

Have you changed your password ***** and are you able to login to your hotmail account from a webbrowser?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry that did not work
This hotmail has been set up and working fine in the past it is just a recent problem

to set up the hotmail again on iphone and ipad you will have to remove it first and then add a new account following the steps given.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I remove the exist account

To delete a mail account on your iPhone
Go to settings
Select Mail, Contacts, Calendar
If you see an account, select it Mail Account
Now scroll to the bottom and select delete account (Press again to confirm)

Congratulations - You have now deleted your mail account.

similar steps for I-pad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THIS IS STILL NOT WORKING

Where are you facing problem on what steps its very simple let me try to look for a video.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i first bought an iPad say 4 or 5 years ago it very quickly became my wifes but since then there seems to be an interaction between hotmail accounts we even got two new iPad mini's last xmas and the interaction seems to have transferred is this possibe?

why dont you backup your ipad and format it to factory reset and then try to reuse it as it will again be like fast and efficient as the day one you got.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well you fix it I think I have Wifi issues in the middle - Thank you

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top of this page and hit submit. Feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.