JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has experience providing 3rd lines support for a range of office apps, from 2000 to 2013, including project and visio.
75967336

I am trying to work out how to do the following: The

Hi there
I am trying to work out how to do the following:
The commission percentage brackets are:
£1 - £24,999 = 50%
£25,000.00 - £49,999 = 55%
£50,000 - £74,999 = 60%
ect
I have a running total column of billing, with a % columun next to it
15,000.00
23,000.00
30,000.00
45,000.00 etc
I have two questions really.
a. Can I ask excel to automatically highlight a cell, when it reaches the % threshhold
b. Can I ask excel to automatically calculate the value difference when it reaches a figure with a % threshold, and then calculate the percentage?
I can do the Vlookup, but this doesn't help when it comes to a % change. I think i may need the IF function, but have never used this, and am very confused.
Any help would be so much appreciated.
Lucy
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Hi Lucy,

Could you send me over an example document, it helps me understand what your looking at.

I can then give you some example formulas to help you with part B of your question.

With regard to part A, you can get the cell to change colour (highlight) when a condition (threshold) is met using the Conditional Formatting option. Select the cells you want to apply formatting to, then under 'home' tools bar, looking for conditional formatting, which on mine is found under the tools group Styles. From here you can then enter in a condition and when it is met, the format you define will be appplied to the cells (you can apply multiple conditions to one cell).

James

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi JamesOf course, please see attached.
Lucy
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the document, can you give me an example of what cell you want to show.

Eg. Cell P11 should look at the gross value in I11, compare to table in E1 to F9, then return the percentage (which is what you have done in the formula already)

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

If you provide you phone number I can give you a call.
Please also navigate to here so we can screen share. http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=af9f715b-bcaf-4a79-a8ee-456a9ddedb51

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks James, is 1.30pm okay for you?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Sure 1.30 is fine.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

=IF(O11<E$4,F$3,IF(O11<E$5,F$4,IF(O11<E$6,F$5,IF(O11<E$7,F$6,IF(O11<E$8,F$7,IF(O11<E$9,F$8,F$9))))))

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Further to our phone call, you can now set conditional formatting and identify the correct commission rate within your excel document.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

James