Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I am having a nightmare trying to reactivate my hotmail

hello i am having a nightmare trying to reactivate my hotmail account as microsoft have suspended it cos I have tried so many times i have been told i have successfully re started it but am then unable to verify it can you help please the initial error message is0x80048862
JA: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: i have used our e-mail account since my husband died in 2009 and when asked for his password ***** other day i had to guess it and got it wrong
JA: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please exactly how you access your hotmail account?

Is it via a program? eg: Outlook 2013? Or via your internet browser eg: Internet Explorer?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please to remote***@******.***
password = Midwife1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I am here Debra

I need you please to do the instructions I gave you.

I will repeat them again

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you please hold the home and power buttons on the iPhone for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release.

Let the iPhone restart and when it has, tell me if you can now delete the messages.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dont have an i phone
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

That message was not for you, its the instructions I gave for Teamviewer

I repeated them again below

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have done this three times already
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, then give me the ID and Password ***** as you have not given this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have***@******.*** password = Midwife1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if i open up the teamviewer 11 setup box it lies over our dialogue box shall i leave it minimised at the bottom of the screen Richard?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thats to your email,

Ok, it appears your not doing the instructions Debra.... else you would be giving me an idd and password ***** teamviewer and not your email address and password ***** I did not request

This may be easier for you

Click this link, click I agree and run the file.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ca0e7b33-a03c-4153-be3e-e87ed4251167

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where would i get a password ***** teamviewer its asking me to select what I want to do with it would it just be a one off remote and are you classified as private or a company