Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have received two e-mails today from "support Team"

I have received two e-mails today from "support Team" Subject MICROSOFT ERRORS REPORT.
WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT, PLEASE?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome Charles

This is 100% a scam. This emails are not from Microsoft and Microsoft would never email you for no reason.

This is what is known as "phishing" it is can be a very serious problem if you do let them access your computer.

Basically what they will do is email a lot of people and say that you have problems. Any actual computer problems you have will be entirely coincidental. Usually what they will do is show you the windows error log which always shows a lot of errors but these are normal and on all windows computers, they are not viruses.

If you respond, They try to log onto your computer and lie to you about the numerous problems they pretend to find. Next they will attempt to get you to pay a few hundred dollars to "fix" the issues when in fact they actually do nothing too helpful.

Here is what Microsoft says on the subject:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/msname.aspx

Always remember, no legitimate tech support company would ever email you. Your computer does not report to Microsoft or any other company so if any emails are received, just delete them

Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help.