Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

Have Microsoft just done a Windows 10 update to existing

Have Microsoft just done a Windows 10 update to existing Windows 10 users
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 1 year ago.

Microsoft will always roll out windows updates. Is the computer currently working fine?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

To confirm if it was windows update or not, please click on Start, then click on Settings. Then click on Update & Security. Then click on Windows Update. Then click on Advanced options. Then click on View your update history. Then you can see the date of the latest update that was installed.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know as I am away on holiday and are contact you using a notebook..
The PC did appear to running OK but I just wanted to know if Microsoft had sent the message with the download which I had to start rather than the usual updates which work in the background.
The update took about 8hours to download and set up.

Thank you. To confirm if it was windows update or not, on the PC, please click on Start (which is the windows logo icon located at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Settings

; (Or press at the same time the two keys Windows and i on the keyboard, then the Settings window will open.)

, Then click on Update & Security. Then click on Windows Update on the left. Then click on Advanced options on the right.

, Then click on View your update history. Then you can confirm if there is a windows update item installed on the date that you downloaded.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Do you see any windows update history when following my steps above? Please let me know if you are stuck at any step. I can also connect remotely to your PC and check on this directly and show you how. Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not check what you suggested as I am away on holiday and will not get back to my PC till 20th July

OK. Basically, those are the steps for how to view all your windows update history. You can always get back to me later on if you need any more help. Thank you.