Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

My up date is not working on my Windows7 Professional

My up date is not working on my Windows7 Professional programme. My ID for the product will not let me get help

Hi there and welcome Jill

Can you tell me please exactly what it is your trying to update?

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Windows 7 Professional system. The up dates have not worked since installation

Whats the error you receive when it fails?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already have Teamviewer11 installed.
When I try to up date I do not get a reply. It just goes round and round with the little moving green signal but nothing happens

ok, if you already have it installed, then skip the steps for installing it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sowhat is next?

For you to do the instructions I gave Jill, I am still waiting on you to do this please....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot open Teamviewer 11. It tells me there is already one running. I have tried to close one and although itshows it has gone from the schedule I still cannot get into Teamviewer

it means you are doing the instructions for a second time.

It is now installed... so restart your computer and open the program from your list of all programs please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You may not believe this but there has been a fault with my computer and I cannot close it down, Presumably because a programme is still running but it does not indicate that. I have tried opening Teamviewer from the "All programmes list" but it still says another copy is running.

ok, well that means it is already running. but restart your computer and try again please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried again but as I cannot close it ( and I could not before this latest problem) how can I restart it?

You are restarting the computer

No different to how you normally restart

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I repeat - I cannot close the computer so how can I restart it? It does not close down.

Hold the power button until it powers off please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. - I now have Teamviewer opend

yes Jill, so what is the ID and Password?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID###-##-####Pass.5062

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard,
Can you tell me what is happening please?. My Windows7 is still not receiving up dates

ok, looks like you missed the message I sent you.

I ran a scan and restarted and you needed to tell me when the scan complete (second one) and if it now updates.

Did it error?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The scan was completed and it said "there were no integrity violations. It then told me to close the programme. I did this and checked the up date programme, having restarted the computer, but no nothing happens still.
Jill

ok, is it giving a specific error Jill when the update fails?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. It looks as thught it is working - the green light moves along- but this just continues and nothing happens

ok, but how much time did you give for it to complete as it can take some time, even a few hours

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No - not long - shall I try again? I expected to see some sign of action or response.

yes please, though if it is not running correctly it would give an error

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard
I left the up date running all night but still nothing is happening.
When I tried the Microsoft helpline it could not accept my programme ID number -could there e a problem there?
Jll

No thats not it.

Is your data backed up off the computer? So on an external drive? eg: Photos, documents ect

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not all of it but I could arrange that!

ok please do and let me know when it is done. Even without this problem you should always have a backup.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appreciate that. In view of my lack of knowledge I a wondering if should get someone in to sort out things personally. Can you tell me please how much I owe your company far?

I cannot see this here Jill, its the amount you already paid nothing further, but you can email customer service on***@******.*** for this information

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. As time is a factor for me too can I leave this open for a while - arrange a complete back up and come back to you later?

no problem at all, I marked this question to never close

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks,
Jll
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
I have now backed up my records.
Jill

ok, now the best solution is to have you go to windows 10, is this something you are ok with?

I recommend it over windows 7

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you - this might be a good opportunity

ok, you see the windows icon bottom right? Its the white window icon (4 panes in one)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry- bottom right of what screen?

your screen Jill, the bottom right of your screen, near the time

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ido not have a windows icon - my no four for drop box. Could you take over my computer again and do it for me.
Things are especially slow as this keyboard is playing up!

no problem, run teamviewer and give me ID and Password *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done.###-##-####5390

you closed it, you need to leave it open. Open it and provide new password *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8042
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
Do I presume that I do nothing until you contact me again? I am getting questions about the system on the screen and do not know if I should respond.
Jill
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard - can you tell me what is happening please?