Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

My up date is not working on my Windows7 Professional

My up date is not working on my Windows7 Professional programme. My ID for the product will not let me get help
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome Jill

Can you tell me please exactly what it is your trying to update?

Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My Windows 7 Professional system. The up dates have not worked since installation
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Whats the error you receive when it fails?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I already have Teamviewer11 installed.
When I try to up date I do not get a reply. It just goes round and round with the little moving green signal but nothing happens
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, if you already have it installed, then skip the steps for installing it

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sowhat is next?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

For you to do the instructions I gave Jill, I am still waiting on you to do this please....

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I cannot open Teamviewer 11. It tells me there is already one running. I have tried to close one and although itshows it has gone from the schedule I still cannot get into Teamviewer
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

it means you are doing the instructions for a second time.

It is now installed... so restart your computer and open the program from your list of all programs please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You may not believe this but there has been a fault with my computer and I cannot close it down, Presumably because a programme is still running but it does not indicate that. I have tried opening Teamviewer from the "All programmes list" but it still says another copy is running.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, well that means it is already running. but restart your computer and try again please

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have tried again but as I cannot close it ( and I could not before this latest problem) how can I restart it?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

You are restarting the computer

No different to how you normally restart

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I repeat - I cannot close the computer so how can I restart it? It does not close down.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hold the power button until it powers off please.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you. - I now have Teamviewer opend
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

yes Jill, so what is the ID and Password?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ID###-##-####Pass.5062
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Richard,
Can you tell me what is happening please?. My Windows7 is still not receiving up dates
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, looks like you missed the message I sent you.

I ran a scan and restarted and you needed to tell me when the scan complete (second one) and if it now updates.

Did it error?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The scan was completed and it said "there were no integrity violations. It then told me to close the programme. I did this and checked the up date programme, having restarted the computer, but no nothing happens still.
Jill
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, is it giving a specific error Jill when the update fails?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No. It looks as thught it is working - the green light moves along- but this just continues and nothing happens
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, but how much time did you give for it to complete as it can take some time, even a few hours

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No - not long - shall I try again? I expected to see some sign of action or response.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

yes please, though if it is not running correctly it would give an error

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Richard
I left the up date running all night but still nothing is happening.
When I tried the Microsoft helpline it could not accept my programme ID number -could there e a problem there?
Jll
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

No thats not it.

Is your data backed up off the computer? So on an external drive? eg: Photos, documents ect

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not all of it but I could arrange that!
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok please do and let me know when it is done. Even without this problem you should always have a backup.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I appreciate that. In view of my lack of knowledge I a wondering if should get someone in to sort out things personally. Can you tell me please how much I owe your company far?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

I cannot see this here Jill, its the amount you already paid nothing further, but you can email customer service on***@******.*** for this information

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you. As time is a factor for me too can I leave this open for a while - arrange a complete back up and come back to you later?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

no problem at all, I marked this question to never close

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Many thanks,
Jll
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Richard,
I have now backed up my records.
Jill
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, now the best solution is to have you go to windows 10, is this something you are ok with?

I recommend it over windows 7

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you - this might be a good opportunity
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, you see the windows icon bottom right? Its the white window icon (4 panes in one)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am sorry- bottom right of what screen?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

your screen Jill, the bottom right of your screen, near the time

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ido not have a windows icon - my no four for drop box. Could you take over my computer again and do it for me.
Things are especially slow as this keyboard is playing up!
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

no problem, run teamviewer and give me ID and Password *****

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Done.###-##-####5390
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

you closed it, you need to leave it open. Open it and provide new password *****

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
8042
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Richard,
Do I presume that I do nothing until you contact me again? I am getting questions about the system on the screen and do not know if I should respond.
Jill
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Richard - can you tell me what is happening please?