Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I got a swann cctv system and i like to get alarms though my

Hi i got a swann cctv system and i like to get alarms though my email but i set it up on the system its saying email settings i click on it then it comes up with Smtp server and Smtp port and to use my email it says failed can you please help me thank you
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

Hi Richard, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Do you access your CCTV system settings on your computer? Or on the tv/monitor connected to the CCTV system?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i do have it on tv monta and open in front of me
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for that information. Can you please tell me the email account that you want to ADD there in your CCTV so that I can assist you with the correct settings?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for that information.

In most CCTV systems, the emailing system that it offers is just like an email program built-in to the CCTV system that will send notification to you using your existing email account.

So you need to add your existing email there, which is a Hotmail, and then for the STMP server information, please enter the following:

SMTP Server: smtp-mail.outlook.com

Port: 587

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

I noticed that you requested for a Secure Remote Assistance. I have already sent you the needed information, please give them a try and they should work.

I also asked if you are able to access the CCTV system through your computer but you mentioned you access it through the attached TV so remote access will not work, I can only access a computer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok now would i get emails from my cctv system
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

Yes, you shall get notification emails from the CCTV system!

Please enter the needed information there and it should work as expected.

I hope that helped.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Would i get emails from my system now then ?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

Yes

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your help today do i get my 29 pounds back or not ?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I just answered your question. Please give my answer a try and please rate my service positively (3 to 5 stars/faces) if it helped.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 6 months ago.

Regarding your request for Secure Remote Assistance, you will not be charged for it.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years