Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proficient in all programs within office pro suite.
63493917

I am not receiving emails from paypal?

Customer Question

Hi I am not receiving emails from paypal?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello Gemma, and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Receiving paypal emails can fall into the category of spam, as many unscrupulous people use the paypal logo and name for sending spam email.

.

You may have to use a different email provider, or whitelist the emails you are expecting from Paypal.

.

I have Gmail, and paypal emails work great.

I would like to take a closer look at your Email setup, and discover any potential issues.

.

This can only be done with a REMOTE SESSION.......let me know when you have about an hour for this to happen.

Let me know when you are ready, or if you want to just go at it through chat, lets discuss further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiI have checked my spam/junk continuously, I have assured that paypal is not blocked and even put it in the safe list.I will not be able to unblock my paypal account without retrieving these emails and im lost with what else to try.I have never had a problem with receiving emails until my account paypal account was hacked? and so to change providers is not going to resolve anything?Gemma

Ahhhh....so your paypal account was hacked?

What do you mean exactly? Did somebody figure out the password ***** your Paypal account, and then login and make account changes, and then change the password ***** login?

Be as detailed as possible as to what happened to your paypal account being hacked, so i can formulate the best possible resolution.

Gemma, are you still with me here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay I didn't hear the notification come through.I'm not sure what happened with PayPal other then one day I couldn't log in with my usual details and haven't been able to since. I've received purchase notifications for things I've not purchased.PayPal apparently have blocked my account from further use and I now need to validate who I am by sending ID etc once I receive one of their emails. Several have been sent but I've not received any?

Okay, it sounds like your password ***** compromised, and somebody else logged in to your paypal account, and quite possibly changed your paypal password. They aso made some purchases using your paypal account.

Honestly, you shoudl LEAVE the account closed, and leave it be.

Open a NEW account, and reEstablish your banking info, and other personal information. If you get duplicate errors, you will need to contact Paypal support.

.

I can certainly help you, but it would be more of guidance, than fixing the issue for you. I can be your consultant for the time being, until you get the problem resolved. If you truly wish to keep the Paypal account, you will have to send in documentation that identifys YOU as the actual account CREATOR and holder.....since the password ***** not be used. But i recommend a new account be created instead.

Do you use the same password ***** your E-mail account, as you do for your paypal account?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for the info. I wouldn't mind just ignoring the account but I have money in there that I need to get into my current account and it's too much just to ignore which is why I am trying to rectify the situation?Do you k ow of anyway I can get the info to Paypal without using their verifying link/email?

I understand.......i might have a phone number you can call. Im guessing that would be best?

.

I have a paypal account as well, and i change my password ***** a month......just to be safe!

Give me just a minute or two to find a number to call.

Mon-Fri 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM PT and Sat-Sun 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM PT

Paypal Customer Support (###) ###-####/strong>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for that. I will try tomorrow I'm just cautious I've probably spent about 6hrs on the phone to them over the past 3 weeks and got no where! Thanks for your help will see what tomorrow brings.

Wait, youve already tried to call this number in the past?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No ive not called one starting with 888

Oh geeze......what number did you call?

It might have been hackers posing as Paypal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it's ones I got from their website so don't think I've been swindled there.

Ahhh, well they do have a few numbers, so you are probably okay then.

.

Please let me know, if you require additional help.......unfortunately i can not do anythign for your account ON YOUR BEHALF. The actual account holder must do the recovery......or a Power Of Attorney would need to be presented. Thats just too much.

.

Please take a moment to rate my performance. Thank you!