IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have been getting warnings from Microsoft a year

Customer Question

I have been getting warnings from Microsoft for over a year threatening to cutoff my E-mail service. I am afraid this is one of the many scams on the go. Can you please check if this is genuine or a scam.
Hugh Smeaton
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you

Are you getting this threatening notice as a email ?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any other?

Sincerely,
John

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.

Sincerely,
John

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.

Hello there I am another Expert. Hotmail accounts will be deactivated after many months of inactivity. This warning is a common method to get your username & password ***** nefarious means. Please ignore this nuisance messages.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir you mentioned that you are using this email address for work so i guess it wont be inactive for many months.if possible please provide the senders email address along with the content of the email.In that way i can check whether its a genuine email from Hotmail (Microsoft) or from a scammer to get your personal information.

Sincerely,

John

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Sir checking to see whether you still need help regarding Microsoft account issue .

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

John

Note:-To reply back to me use the reply box below.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you. In order for me to check if the e-mails are genuine or not, please open one of them and then copy the contents (message) and paste it here to me. I will then check it and get back to you.

Thanks,
IT Miro

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,
IT Miro

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.