Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I cannot upgrade from windows 7 to window 10 tried 5 hrs and

Customer Question

I cannot upgrade from windows 7 to window 10 tried for about 5 hrs and just got stuck.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you do the following please.

First Open up Windows Explorer to view the files on your PC. Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and delete all the files that are in the folder (but don't delete the folder itself).

Then go to this link and manually run the upgrade

https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10

Tell me if it then updates please

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you do those steps for me
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am totally lost I will have to sign out I just don't understand what you want me to do
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, the first step please is to go to my link below, then when you do, you see the download message in the middle of the screen

http://www.teamviewer.com/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry got lost so swiched off to cancel. i found communications using this system totally confusing. Have now established with Acer computers that my computer is not compatible with windowxs 10 and i should just remain on windows 7. I have rung Barclay card to cancel the payment as i did not get any help from you .thank you for trying
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thats not correct what Acer told you, your computer has no problems running windows 10, it would tell you before upgrading if this was the case.