John T. F.
John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ Yrs field experience with Microsoft software...
60674955

Received phone call this morning from Microsoft! saying my

Received phone call this morning from Microsoft! saying my computer had been hacked. They have been working on it all morning and when I called phone number I was given it is not a legitimate number. They also have all my bank details.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that is a scam. Microsoft does not call customers regarding issues with your computer nor ask for bank details over the phone like that.

You should immediately contact your bank and explain the situation to prevent fraudulent charges to your account. If you gave any other financial details such as credit cards or have information about those cards and accounts on your computer, you should contact those companies as well.

If the person on the phone had you install any software you should remove it at once.

Next, if you provided any passwords or other account details to online services, you should change those passwords ASAP.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

John

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible to have telephone contact
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again. :-)

I can not provide telephone support currently, though if you see the option of requesting telephone support on your end, another expert may be able to help you if you select it.

In the meantime I am glad to answer any further questions you may have.

John

John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience: 20+ Yrs field experience with Microsoft software...
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is*****

I have accepted your request for a Secure Remote Assistance and can help you with the issue you described. Please let me know if you are available now so we can proceed with a Secure Remote Assistance. If you are not available now, let me know when is the best time for you.

Type your reply below.

Thanks,
IT Miro

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,
IT Miro