IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have had my account suspended for 30 days till 18/7/16 it

I have had my account suspended for 30 days till 18/7/16 it was reinstated and I was sent a code. I tried several times to put in a new password ***** nothing was accepted. Now I cannot send or receive emails. Where do I go now?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Can you tell me the name of the email service provider, like Gmail, Yahoo etc. ?

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you. Let me know if the problem is regarding a Hotmail account or from another e-mail provider?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,
IT Miro

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
My email provider is live.co.uk
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
We have just moved house and computer is not set up yet just using IPad and IPhone.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for the update!

Please visit this web address:

http://www.hotmail.com/

Enter your live.co.uk e-mail address and the password. Let me know if you can sign in, or you get an error message.

Thanks,

IT Miro

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I just get the error saying my password ***** email is incorrrct. I can receive email but can't send.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 12 months ago.

In that case, you probably need to verify the account to enable sending.

Please type your e-mail address here so that I can check for available verification methods.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Outlook sent an email saying my account is suspended or is someone phishing?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 12 months ago.

You can verify your account by sending a security code to the associated phone number ending in 87.

Is that your phone number and can you receive a text message there?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have done that so many times. Will try again. That is my husbands phone and will receive texts.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 12 months ago.

I can assist you with verification. Is your husband's phone turned on now so that I can request a new security code?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it is turned on now. Never turns it off.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello again!

I will now request a new security code. Please type here the last 4 digits of the associated phone number.

Thanks,

IT Miro

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
8487
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry that is wrong 8387 is correct.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Thanks! I have requested a new security code to be sent to the phone number ending in 8387. Once you have received it, please type it here to me. I will then attempt to verify the account.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Here is the code.(###) ###-####
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello again!

The code seems to be correct, but has expired since it was requested yesterday. A new code needs to be requested. I can do that now. Will you be able to send it to me as soon as you get it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It has not come through yet. Time 1:20.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

OK, requesting a new one now. Please type it here as soon as you get it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Oh, it reports that this one has expired as well. It looks like we need to be faster.

I will now request a new one.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Sorry, but this one has expired as well.

It is possible for you to type the code here immediately when you receive it? It looks like we only have a 10-minute window. After that, the code expires and a new one needs to be requested.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Let me know if you received a new code.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Oh dear, try again.(###) ###-####
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Good news!

This new code worked and I was able to unblock the account and reset the password!

A new password *****: recovered2016

Once you have signed in, you can change the password ***** going to this web address:

https://account.live.com/Password/Change

If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.

Regards,
IT Miro

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Changed the password ***** before but still can't send emails. Where I amI going wrong?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Are you trying to send e-mails using the web browser (web mail interface), or using an e-mail program such as Microsoft Outlook or Windows Live Mail?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Windows live Mail
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Replying to emails received.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Please send a test e-mail to yourself. Let me know if you received it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I sent an email to myself and it did not arrive.
What we have just done with the codes etc I have done several times using different passwords with no success.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

I believe the account itself is fine, but something could be wrong with Windows Live Mail. To test the account, please exit Windows Live Mail and open a web browser and go to this address (or just click on the link below):

http://www.hotmail.com/

Sign in to your e-mail account using the latest password. Check if you can see the e-mails there, and also, check if you can send a new e-mail, for example to yourself.

Let me know if both sending and receiving work there.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello again!

Have you got a chance to access the web mail interface (http://www.hotmail.com/) to check if you can send and receive e-mails from there?

Thanks,

IT Miro

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did that on google and It would not accept your password ***** my old one, so I got a new code and put in a new password ***** stil can't send email.
I now can't receive them either with the new password.
I am really sick of this!!!!!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

I am very sorry to see the problem is still there. In order for me to help you solve it faster and more efficiently, I suggest we establish a secure remote session so that I can check the problem on your computer and help you directly.

Let me know if you would like that, and when is the best time for you.

Regards,

IT Miro

Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my last message.

Thanks,

IT Miro

Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have only just been able to get your last message. I opened a new account with outlook on my IPad and I started to then get emails on my previous account and I could send on my IPad too but not on my IPhone as in a bit of pique I deleted the account.
I tried to get the account (outlook) on my IPhone but again will not accept any password.
We have not set up the main computer yet as are waiting for Sky to change where it accesses the house.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello again! Thanks for the update!

I sent you several messages asking if you still required assistance.

You can open a new account, but that means you won't have access to your old e-mails and contacts stored in your old account. To confirm, your iPhone won't accept any of the accounts - neither the old and the new one?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I really don't understand what's going on. I have made a new account with outlook already on my IPad and have not lost any old emails or my contact list. Bizarrely the old email ( windows live ) started to work receiving email but still can't send
IPhone won't receive or send on either account.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Yes, that's quite strange. Please check the current e-mail settings on both your computer and iPhone.

On your computer:

1. Start Windows Live Mail

2. On the left, locate your e-mail account, right-click it and select Properties

3. Click on the Servers tab

Let me know what it says for the Outgoing mail (SMTP) box. Also, let me know if the "My server requires authentication" check-box on the bottom is checked?

On your iPhone:

1. Go to the home screen and tap on Settings

2. Scroll to select Mail, Contacts, Calendars

3. Tap on your e-mail account

4. Tap on your e-mail address on the top

Let me know what it says for SMTP located in the OUTGOING MAIL SERVER section?

Thanks,

IT Miro

Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello again!

Did you receive my last message describing how to check for the current e-mail settings on both your computer and iPhone?

Let me know,

IT Miro

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry I have not replied but you asked me to use the computer and this is not set up yet (,we have moved recently). It will be set up on Saturday so I can do it then. Hope that's OK.Janet.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Janet!

Sure, whenever you are ready, follow the instructions I sent you and let me know the results.

Regards,

IT Miro

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We set up the computer today and have managed to get both emails working perfectly on IPhone IPad and main computer. Thank younger your help and prompt replies.
Janet.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello again, Janet!

I am very glad your e-mail account is finally fully working! Leave the current settings as they are and you are all set!

In case you require any other assistance, let me know.

Before you leave, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Thanks,
IT Miro

IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional