Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I need some Exel help lease. Can anyone do that?

Hi, I need some Exel help lease. Can anyone do that?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Mark and welcome

Can you tell me exactly how you need help please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im doing the accounts and Im I using a filter to break out all the various payments I make. I'm selecting visible cells only but when I paste them the results are all over the place.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you please both provide the actual file and explain the exact steps your doing

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here's the file. I have put in a data filter and selected all Paypal entries. Then I'm using Home/Find and Select (far right) Go To Special/select visible cells. Then Im using copy and paste but they come out all over the place.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thanks

What you do is select the cells you want to copy

Hold CTRL and select the cells you want to paste to so both lines are selected

Then you click on Fill in the home tap then Right if the blank cells are to the right and it does it correctly

You cannot do a normal copy and paste on a filtered column

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.