michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

I have just purchased a Lumia 1520 phone. Generally all is

Customer Question

hi,
i have just purchased a Lumia 1520 phone. Generally all is working ok - except i cant seem to download any new apps.
no matter what i try to download, i keep getting error code 80070490.
can you help me with this please?
many thanks,
Sandra *********
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  michelleclive replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Follow the given steps below actions.

Manually Sync the Primary Microsoft Account on Your Phone

• From the App list on your phone, tap
  • Tap Email + Accounts
  • Tap and Hold your primary account
  • Tap Sync from the menu (the primary account will not have the option to delete)

You'll see a message indicating the sync is in progress, and an error message if there is any issue (otherwise, you'll just be brought back to the accounts page). If there is an error, please toggle your connection between Wifi and Data to see if you can sync then.

Regarding the contacts, any new contacts created on the phone will be automatically synced to your Microsoft Account. If there is a syncing issue with the account on your phone, this can explain why they do not appear online. If the contacts were created on the phone, once the sync is successful they should be updated on your Microsoft Account Windows Live ID.

Reffered to: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mobiledevices/

let me know how it goes.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michelle,
I haven't yet sorted my problem, but your advice helped. I think it is because l have three Microsoft accounts, all with separate addresses as am never able to remember passwords used and mic rosofts system of sorting things is frankly crap. If one could remember previous email addresses you wouldn't be stuck in first place, but they just suggest you open another account, then when many of the personal details are the same, you get advised that you already have account etc etc all in a never decreasing circle!!!!! Ahhhh!
I now have to wait 30 days to see if it all works out.
Many thanks anyway,
Sandra *******

I believe you are able to set up at least one Microsoft account on your Lumia which is working.

If you find any problem free free to ask i will be glad to assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't view it, phone won't let me pick up any downloads yet.

let me know the status if the phone whenever you try to download what happens and if you get any error?