Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I use Microsoft FrontPage for my website using 1and1 as the

I use Microsoft FrontPage for my website using 1and1 as the web hoster. I understand there is no new upgrade to FrontPage but now my website won't publish telling me that there is no web server on port 21 for my web site. I have been updating the website for about 5 years with no problems. Do I need to upgrade to another program or can I adjust the FTP settings somehow?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Hi Norman, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me the URL (the domain name) of your website so that I can check its status?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The web site is www.kirkhamtwinning.org because of its nature, we meet up with friends in France once a year, it does not get updated very often. I have never had any problems in updating the site before and I have done nothing to change the process or the settings it just keeps giving me an error message about 'could not find a web server at www.kirkhamtwinning.org on port 21'. For some reason I don't understand the website has now updated and as far as I am aware I have changed nothing in the process. The laptop I am having the problem with does not have an email set up just the Internet connection so I don't know if you can securely connect to it to fix the problem. If you can advise a solution without the secure connection that will be fine. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Jess, re my previous notes, in trying to solve this problem I have now been asked for password ***** name for 'end user permission' as I have never seen this box before I think I will have to get in touch with my host 1and1 to find out what they want or how I get this information. I have no record of these details. Please do not do anymore on this problem (or charge me) until I contact you again. Norman
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Hi Norman,

Thank you for writing back with that information. I would suggest a Secure Remote Access session for me to directly check the problem from your end and fix them while you watch. Just let me know then any time when you want to resume with a remote session.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Jess, I don't know if this will work as my emails are coming in via my iPad which I use for emails but my web site where I am having the problems is on my laptop which obviously has an Internet connection but no email facility. Can you remotely check the website without an accompanying email link? Norman
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Norman,

I need to remotely access your laptop so that from there, I can check the FrontPage issues. Can you please try to login to your JustAnswer account on your laptop?

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am now logged in to my just answer account on my lap top that contains the web site program. Norman
Expert:  Jess M. replied 7 months ago.

Norman,

Thank you for requesting additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. These steps are intended for users with Windows computers. If you are using a Mac, please reply to me and let me know so that I can send you the procedures for Mac.

1. Please click on this link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=b1ccee6a-1ceb-4785-a07a-b7e472e28d79

2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button
3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.
4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.

Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess