IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have had Sony laptop for 3 years using Windows 8.1 with no

I have had Sony laptop for 3 years using Windows 8.1 with no problems until 2 months ago when I was being continually asked to restart and configure windows (daily). Each time this is done there is a failure to configure updates. I have tried to return to factory settings but this hasn't worked either due to,apparently,missing files.This has now become very frustrating . Sony say that it is a software issue.I have tried to get round the problem by uploading windows 10 but this failed also.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

Please tell me if you are able to access the desktop, or it just stops on the logon screen with the "failed to configure updates" message every time you restart the compiter?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,
IT Miro

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The screen is blank when configuring but is there when I log in with Google Chrome
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

If you can access the desktop, I should be able to remotely connect to your computer and check the issue.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Try to follow these instructions on your Sony laptop:

1. Open a web browser and go to the address:

http://connect.teamviewer.com/v11

2. TeamViewer file will automatically start downloading. Once done, locate the downloaded file and double-click it in order to start it. The file is named TeamViewerQS

3. When started, you will see the blue TeamViewer window that contains numbers - ID and Password. Type those numbers here to me so that I can securely connect to your computer. We will then be able to chat as well.

Thanks,
IT Miro

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

If you are having trouble with starting TeamViewer, let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
844 027 581 8279
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

I attempted to connect, but it didn't work. It looks like you've closed the TeamViewer window. In order for me to connect, you need to leave the TeamViewer window open.

So, please start TeamViewer again and leave it open. Type here the new numbers you see.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has the issue with my computer that I contacted you about been resolved
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

No, it hasn't. I asked you to re-start TeamViewer since I couldn't connect to your computer the first time you started TeamViewer.

Are you able to re-start TeamViewer now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think i have restarted but it is asking me for a partner id
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

You can leave that empty. Just look on the left and type here the numbers you see for:

Your ID

Password

Make sure to leave the TeamViewer window open.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
844 027 581
dz2f28
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Connected.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Let me know the results after your computer restarts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
failure to configure windows updates......changes being undone
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

OK. Please type here the new Password ***** see on the TeamViewer window so that I can reconnect and check what else I can do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
bb7g13
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Reconnected.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Restart was quick with no configure updates message,plus in 'settings' only have sleep,shut down and restart
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

That is good. Those updates that failed to install were incompatible with your computer, so they were removed once I run the automatic error checker.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since Friday at 4 p m when the fix seemed to have worked the problem has returned ,with one change .Where the configuration failed at 83% of updates it now fails at 97%.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello again!

I am sorry the problem has returned. Please run the "Windows Update" automatic error checker and fixer by following these instructions:

1. Move the mouse cursor over the Windows Start button located in the bottom left corner, right-click it and select Control Panel from the menu

2. If the blue Windows SmartScreen window appears, click on Run anyway. On the Control Panel window, click on Find and fix problems located in the System and Security section (upper left corner)

3. On the Troubleshooting window, click on Fix problems with Windows Update located in the System and Security section on the bottom

4. The Windows Update window will appear. Click Next

5. Wait while it is detecting problems

6. On the next window, click on Try troubleshooting as an administrator

7. It will automatically resolve found problems with Windows Update

8. When you see "Troubleshooting has completed", you can close the window and restart the computer. All the incompatible updates will skip from installing and your computer should restart with no error messages

Regards,

IT Miro

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi eventually got there and two problems were said to be ''fixed'' restart was quick with no problems.thanks gain
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

I am glad it worked! In case you see more updates that cannot be installed, just follow the same instructions and you should be good to go.

Regards,

IT Miro