Hello! My name is*****I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.Please tell me if you are able to access the desktop, or it just stops on the logon screen with the "failed to configure updates" message every time you restart the compiter?I am awaiting your reply.Thanks,IT Miro
If you can access the desktop, I should be able to remotely connect to your computer and check the issue.
Try to follow these instructions on your Sony laptop:
1. Open a web browser and go to the address:http://connect.teamviewer.com/v112. TeamViewer file will automatically start downloading. Once done, locate the downloaded file and double-click it in order to start it. The file is named TeamViewerQS3. When started, you will see the blue TeamViewer window that contains numbers - ID and Password. Type those numbers here to me so that I can securely connect to your computer. We will then be able to chat as well.Thanks,IT Miro
If you are having trouble with starting TeamViewer, let me know.
I attempted to connect, but it didn't work. It looks like you've closed the TeamViewer window. In order for me to connect, you need to leave the TeamViewer window open.
So, please start TeamViewer again and leave it open. Type here the new numbers you see.
No, it hasn't. I asked you to re-start TeamViewer since I couldn't connect to your computer the first time you started TeamViewer.
Are you able to re-start TeamViewer now?
You can leave that empty. Just look on the left and type here the numbers you see for:
Make sure to leave the TeamViewer window open.
Let me know the results after your computer restarts.
OK. Please type here the new Password ***** see on the TeamViewer window so that I can reconnect and check what else I can do.
That is good. Those updates that failed to install were incompatible with your computer, so they were removed once I run the automatic error checker.
I am sorry the problem has returned. Please run the "Windows Update" automatic error checker and fixer by following these instructions:
1. Move the mouse cursor over the Windows Start button located in the bottom left corner, right-click it and select Control Panel from the menu
2. If the blue Windows SmartScreen window appears, click on Run anyway. On the Control Panel window, click on Find and fix problems located in the System and Security section (upper left corner)
3. On the Troubleshooting window, click on Fix problems with Windows Update located in the System and Security section on the bottom
4. The Windows Update window will appear. Click Next
5. Wait while it is detecting problems
6. On the next window, click on Try troubleshooting as an administrator
7. It will automatically resolve found problems with Windows Update
8. When you see "Troubleshooting has completed", you can close the window and restart the computer. All the incompatible updates will skip from installing and your computer should restart with no error messages
I am glad it worked! In case you see more updates that cannot be installed, just follow the same instructions and you should be good to go.