IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Can I transfer my windows 10 from a old PC which has been

Can I transfer my windows 10 from a old PC which has been dismantled to a new pc. I have tried but the message states that the product key is in use
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

Please tell me how many computers you have used your Windows product key on so far?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,
IT Miro

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the information!

Please check if you see an error code near the message stating the product key is in use.

Let me know,

IT Miro

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
0x803fa071
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

OK, hold on.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

You get that error message since your Windows 10 license (product key) can only be used on 1 computer. Since you had used this product key on the previous computer, any other computer will refuse the product key. It is also the anti-piracy mechanism which prevents multiple people from using the same license (product key) purchased by someone else.

Since you only want to change computers, you don't need to purchase another license (product key); however, you will need to contact the Microsoft support by telephone to let them know you are changing the computers. They will then remove the old computer from their record so that your new computer can accept the product key, or they will give you a new product key.

The UK phone number you can call is: 0344(###) ###-####/strong>

Let me know if you require further assistance.

Regards,

IT Miro

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

I forgot to mention that, when you call the number (0344(###) ###-####, you need to press 1 (home user). After that, wait a bit until the automated Windows 10 message ends. Then, press 1 and follow the instructions. You need to reach a live representative since the automated activation won't work.

Let me know if you encountered any problems, or have further questions.

Regards,

IT Miro