IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I'm concerned about losing emails/functionality on my

Hi. I'm concerned about losing emails/functionality on my Live.co.uk mailbox. Can you please advise?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

Please tell me why are you concerned about your Live.co.uk e-mail account? Have you made any changes to it?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,
IT Miro

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I have read that the service is no longer being supported by Microsoft and emails no longer appear in the account on outlook. I can still access online though.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

How do you usually access your Live.co.uk e-mail account? Is it using an e-mail program such as Microsoft Outlook or Mac Mail, or another way?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I log in online from my PC...its the only way I can do this now
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Don't worry, the Live.co.uk e-mail service is still operational, only it is now called "Outlook.com" e-mail service. If you are accessing your e-mail account using a web browser, it is available on either www.hotmail.com or www.outlook.com web pages.

However, if you are accessing it using an e-mail program, you may need to adjust the server settings since the old settings don't work any more. If you require assistance adjusting the server settings, let me know. I will help you with that.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

OK, let's proceed with a secure remote assistance.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

To confirm, you are using a Windows computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Here are the instructions on how to connect with me:

Please click on the link below to download a secure remote assistance program.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=c69126dd-0434-4be1-a2e9-f352959a3b9e

When a new web page opens, click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Problem with e-mail account has been successfully solved via secure remote assistance. Everything should work properly now.

For any other issue, feel free to contact me again.

Regards,
IT Miro