Here are the instructions on how to restore the backup on the Windows 10 computer that was created on the Windows XP computer. You can select which folders to restore, so you don't need to worry about overwriting the new Microsoft Works Suite files with the old ones.
1. First, download the ntbackup zip archive containing the backup program files used by Windows XP.
Download link: http://tinyurl.com/hq6mhgb
2. Save the zip file to your Windows 10 computer. Locate it and extract the contents to a folder by right-clicking the zip file and selecting Extract All... and then clicking on the Extract button
3. A folder containing the backup program files will open. Double-click the ntbackup icon to start the program
4. Click OK if you get a message about Removable Storage. Leave the Always start in wizard mode check-box and click Next
5. Select Restore files and settings, and click Next
6. Click on the Browse... button and locate the backup file, and select it
7. The file will appear under the "Items to restore" section. Click on + several times to expand the section until you see a drive or folder you want to restore
8. Place a check-box on a drive or folder you want to restore, and click Next
9. On the "Completing the Backup or Restore Wizard" window, click on the Advanced... button. Since Windows 10 uses a different folder path than Windows XP, select Alternate location for the "Restore files to" option. Select the folder you want to restore the files to, and click Next
10. Select what to do with the existing files, and click Next
11. Select what to do with advanced options, and click Next
12. Finally, click Finish and the restoration will begin. Wait until it finishes and then you can access the folder you selected to restore the files to. You can then move the restored files elsewhere if needed. To restore other files and folders contained in the backup file, just repeat the process