IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Could you please tell me where the data of work suits 2003

Hi good afternoon
Could you please tell me where the data of work suits 2003 is saved ?
Category: Microsoft
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

Please confirm the name of the program you are using, and what kind of data are you referring to exactly?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,
IT Miro

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is work suites 2003
I just use the calendar
I have a lot of notes on it but I do not know how to bring them to my new computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming!

The default save location may differ depending on the installed Windows version. Please tell me if you have Windows XP or another Windows version installed on the current (old) computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is windows xp home edition
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

The default save location for Windows XP is in:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Works

The Calendar data is saved in the file named mswkscal.wcd located in the Works folder.

If you are installing Microsoft Works Suite 2003 on Windows Vista or Windows 7 or newer Windows version, you need to put the data files in:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared

I hope this helps!

If you require further assistance, let me know.

Regards,

IT Miro

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not see application data!!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

The Application Data folder is hidden by default. To be able to see it and access it, you will need to un-hide hidden files and folders first. To do that, double-click on the My Computer icon and click on the Tools located at the top and then select Folder Options... When a new window opens, click on the View tab and select Show hidden files and folders. Then confirm by pressing OK.

You can now see the Application Data file folder.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after seeing that works do I need to copy the file? And past it on the new folder called work shared?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

You need to put everything from the "Works" folder from the Windows XP located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\ into the "Works Shared" folder on your new computer located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\

Restart Microsoft Works Suite 2003 and it should successfully load your data.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much.
I got the data on new system.
But I do not know how to get other data which was on my document on old system! As that windows shows the error c0000218!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way that I can find the document on my old hard drive (my document folder) ?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

I am very glad it worked!

If you are referring to the "My Documents" folder, please look in:

C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\My Documents

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately the user was not me at the time of installation of windows on my computer! 7 years ago. So it needs an adminestration password ***** I do not know.:(
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

If there are 2 or several user accounts created, log in to the one you can access. After that, go to C:\Documents and Settings and open the folder of the account that is password-protected, containing the documents you want to copy. It should allow the access without typing the password.

Let me know if it worked.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are
Administrator
All users
D
Default userNone of them has the files!
I can not open D as it needs permission!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I remember I had a back up of the computer a month ago, do you think if I install a windows xp again and restore the backup , it would be possible to see the documents ?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Were you able to access the D account a month ago?

Also, is the account you usually log onto called Administrator?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When we turned the computer on we could go to every file and program without any password. With no problem!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

I see. When did you first notice the password ***** the D account? Did you set that password, or someone else did?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I use the backup of win xp which I have , to be restore on windows 10 ?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Did you create the backup using the Windows XP built-in backup feature, or you used some backup program?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have used Built in backup on windows
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not set any password *****
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

OK. In that case, the restoration is quite simple. I will provide the instructions now. In the meantime, you can transfer the backup file to your Windows 10 computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to remind you about the data on work suites 2003 calendar , because already we have them on windows 10 , if I restore win xp backup in windows 10 do I loose the data from 2 months ago till now? As the backup is before 2 months . Or will the backup be added on windows 10 ?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Here are the instructions on how to restore the backup on the Windows 10 computer that was created on the Windows XP computer. You can select which folders to restore, so you don't need to worry about overwriting the new Microsoft Works Suite files with the old ones.

1. First, download the ntbackup zip archive containing the backup program files used by Windows XP.

Download link: http://tinyurl.com/hq6mhgb

2. Save the zip file to your Windows 10 computer. Locate it and extract the contents to a folder by right-clicking the zip file and selecting Extract All... and then clicking on the Extract button

3. A folder containing the backup program files will open. Double-click the ntbackup icon to start the program

4. Click OK if you get a message about Removable Storage. Leave the Always start in wizard mode check-box and click Next

5. Select Restore files and settings, and click Next

6. Click on the Browse... button and locate the backup file, and select it

7. The file will appear under the "Items to restore" section. Click on + several times to expand the section until you see a drive or folder you want to restore

8. Place a check-box on a drive or folder you want to restore, and click Next

9. On the "Completing the Backup or Restore Wizard" window, click on the Advanced... button. Since Windows 10 uses a different folder path than Windows XP, select Alternate location for the "Restore files to" option. Select the folder you want to restore the files to, and click Next

10. Select what to do with the existing files, and click Next

11. Select what to do with advanced options, and click Next

12. Finally, click Finish and the restoration will begin. Wait until it finishes and then you can access the folder you selected to restore the files to. You can then move the restored files elsewhere if needed. To restore other files and folders contained in the backup file, just repeat the process

Regards,

IT Miro

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much
I will try and let you know.
Thanks again
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome!

If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.

Also, if you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to rate it by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Thanks,
IT Miro

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You know if I could fix the old hard drive ( win xp) that shows the blue screen with error c0000128 , I could get to all document that I had! And copy them all to new windows.
Is there any way to fix it
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

First check if the backup file you had created contains all the documents you need. If not, you should be able to access the hard disk data by disconnecting the hard disk from the old computer and connecting it as a second hard disk on the new computer. If you don't know how to disconnect and connect the hard disk, you can take your computers to a computer repair shop and they will do that for you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

By doing that, your new computer will still use the new hard disk to boot Windows 10, and the old hard disk will be recognized as a second (secondary) hard disk - similar to a removable hard disk.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is what I have done already. But the problem is the password ***** D user?!?!
I got the calender data in the same way to go to old drive and copy them. But the files on D user ( document and setting) is not accessable , it needs a permission!!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Have you accessed the old hard disk data using your Windows XP computer, or you connected it to a new computer as a secondary hard disk?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The old hard is already on a new computer as a second drive. But because every thing was on old drive and I could use the xp , I just used the old drive till yesterday that error came up and I was not able to use the xp any more! So I used the new hard drive to go to the old one to get the doc but as I said it needs permission!!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming!

Would you like me to remotely connect to your Windows 10 computer and check if I can help you access that folder?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Here are the instructions on how to connect with me:

Please click on the link below to download a secure remote assistance program.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=47032ff1-c4bc-45c4-a756-e7eb2d28fe6a

When a new web page opens, click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Connected.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Problem with the folder permissions has been successfully solved via secure remote assistance. All the data is accessible now.

For any other issue, feel free to contact me again. Here is my JustAnswer profile page where you can ask any computer-related question in the future to request me directly:

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/computer/expert-it-miro/

You can now rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Regards,
IT Miro