IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have mistakenly de-installed my Microsoft 2010 package and

Hi .I have mistakenly de-installed my Microsoft 2010 package and consequently lost my excel and word files .Can I re-install package and regain all lost files. If so how do I go about it ?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

If you de-installed Microsoft Office 2010 package, it means only its program files are gone. All your Excel and Word files are still on your computer, stored in the original location. To be able to open them, you need to either re-install Microsoft Office 2010 or open them with another program already installed on the computer. For example, you can open Word files with WordPad - a program that comes with Windows.

To do that, locate one of your Word files, and right-click it and then click on "Open with" and then click on WordPad located on the right.

However, if you would rather want to continue using Microsoft Office 2010 package as before, you will need to have its installation disk so that you can re-install it. If you do have it, insert it into your computer and follow the on-screen instructions that will appear.

If you require further assistance, let me know.

Regards,

IT Miro