JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has experience providing 3rd lines support for a range of office apps, from 2000 to 2013, including project and visio.
75967336

Just purchased Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016 from

Just purchased Microsoft Office Home & Student 2016 from Staples Stationary Store.
Could you advise me how to install and activate this product please. I have the Activation Code with me.
Ron Gray
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Hi Ron,

Have you encountered an error when trying to install it to date?

There are a couple of options depending on if Staples provided you with a installation disk or if you need to download the software in order to install it.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi JamesThanks for getting back to me so fast. All I got from Staples was a Card inside the box with a Product Key. I tried using:office.com/set up as instructed on the box, but all I can see is how to purchase this product, not install it! Hope that makes sense.Thanks a lotRon
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

No problem Ron,

The first thing to do is setup an Office Account by going here.

Once registered you need to go here, to login and then register your licence key which was provided by Staples.

Please let me know if you have issues once you are logged in, if need be I can arrange for a secure remote session.

James

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi JamesI have Registered. Now just need to know how to log in so that I can Download and Activate Office with my Product Key.Can you advice how to do this next stage.Thanks a lotRon
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Sorry it appears my last link was missing from my post, please goto https:\\setup.office.com

It will ask you to confirm you are logged in as the right person (press next)

Then it will ask you to enter your product key

Once verified, it will take you to a link to download the software.

Should you have any issues please let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi JamesOffice has just been installed! Thank you very much indeed for your prompt, efficient help and support. Just what I needed, and very much appreciated. You have been Brilliant!!RegardsRon
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 months ago.

Thanks Bill, I would appreciate if you could rate the service received today so I may close this case.

James