Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Someone stole my ipad and within 4 hours had accessed the

Someone stole my ipad and within 4 hours had accessed the icloud using my hotmail address. I want to move my contacts to the new account. Being a silver surfer I do not know how to accomplish this.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you still able to access your Hotmail address now?

Also, are you using a computer right now to chat with me?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can access my Hotmail a/c and I am on my laptop.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Now, you want to move the contacts on your Hotmail account account, to your "NEW" account. Can you please tell me what this "NEW" account is? Is it another Hotmail address?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a Gmail a/c. Whist I am drawn to the idea of you doing it for me I would also like to know how to do it for myself please.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

I highly suggest that we use Secure Remote Assistance for this so that I can directly show you the entire process of copying your Hotmail contacts to your Gmail (as long as you can access both Hotmail and Gmail) while you watch on your screen.

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Jess, as long as you are prepared to show me how I can do it as well.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using our additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. These steps are intended for users with Windows computers. If you are using a Mac, please reply to me and let me know so that I can send you the procedures for Mac.

1. Please click on this link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=269a355b-2585-4df9-ad41-1cb87126301f

2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button
3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.
4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.

Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your patience. Your issues were resolved through Secure Remote Assistance. All contacts on your Hotmail account were copied or transferred to your Gmail account.

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess